Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Map Markers and hover plot options? - Visokio Forums
Map Markers and hover plot options?
  • VoteVote Up2Vote Down ChoonTeck June 19, 2012 10:14PM
    I have created markers with data on my map. I need help in either of the following solutions.

1. what i need is when i hover around the markers, bar charts on the right are shown in the map itself (shown in map2.jpg). how can i do it? the current hover portion only allows me to select one of the attributes in the data. how can i go around it?

2. the second solution i can think of is to link the line/bar chart view to the map. However, that will only works if i highlight over the marker. is there any way in the map that i can click on the marker and it links to the bar/line chart. Currently, the click brings me to the detailed rows of the selected data.

Attachments
    map1.JPG 140K
    map2.JPG 169K
  • 7 Comments
  •     paola June 20, 2012 6:43AM
    Hi Choon, the second option provides number of map select tools (square selector, lasso etc.), all of which will enable you to select one, two or unconnected clusters of markers. While your bar/line view has 'selected data' ticked, you will be able to see results for (only) the selected markers.
  •     tjbate June 20, 2012 7:06AM
    Choon - Hover plot functionality (displaying pop-up visualisations whenever the mouse 'hovers' on data subsets) will be improved significantly in future releases.

I will reclassify your post as an Idea to keep the topic alive.
  • ChoonTeck June 21, 2012 2:45AM
    Hi Tjbate,

thanks. i reckon that my first suggestion was implemented currently. definitely something that we can look into to get more flexibility on the map hovering function.

Hi Paola,

i understand that we will be able to use the map select tools to select a cluster of markers where the data will be shown on my bar/line charts. However, would i be able to instead of using the map select tools, just click on the markers and get the selected data displayed on my bar/line charts?

Regards,
    Choon Teck
  •     paola June 21, 2012 5:38AM
    Hi Choon, I believe that functionality you want is there, although you will need to select, rather than click on a single marker.
  • ChoonTeck June 21, 2012 5:56AM
    Hi Paola,

Yes, agree that the functionality is there.
    my question would be whether it is possible that a click on the single marker brings about the bar/line charts?
    Reason being, it would be more user-friendly for users to click rather than using the map select tools.

Regards,
    Choon Teck
  •     paola June 21, 2012 6:03AM
    Hi Choon, thanks for the input.
    The reason we went for select tool is that it offers more flexibility - you can select one, two, or a dozen of connected/unconnected data points.
    Click would limit you to one.
    We could reclassify this as an idea and see if there is interest for this to change...
  • ChoonTeck June 21, 2012 9:38PM
    Hi Paola,

many thanks for the clarification.
    if the current click would be able to display the data points, that would be great! Instead of just showing the data records currently.
    thank you so much for your help.

Regards,
    Choon Teck

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged