Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Inverting Axis - Visokio Forums
Inverting Axis
  • SteveW May 22, 2012 12:26PM
    Hi,

I am trying to invert the values on my Y-Axis so that instead of going from 0 through to 20 (for example) it reads 20 going up to 0.

Is there any way to do this simply similar to the checkbox in excel graph options?

Thanks
    Steve
  • 5 Comments
  •     paola May 23, 2012 9:54AM
    Hi Steve,
    interesting question. There is no button that will allow you to turn the axis upside down. Having said that, there might be few ways around it, the easiest one being to rotate bar 90 degrees (that will give you sideways image).
    Please send us a sample file so we can get an idea whether your data values are frequencies, numerical, categorical etc. so we can give you more suggestions.
    Thanks, Paola
  • SteveW May 23, 2012 11:01AM
    Hi Paulo,

Attached is the sample file. Its data for a natural search client who is looking at the potition on page (lowest being the best - highest being the worst). What we would like to do is invert the Y-Axis so that if a keyword improves by going down in position the graph actually goes up.

In excel we can select invert axis so that in the example it would start at 41 and end at 1.

Thanks for your help
    Steve
  •     paola May 24, 2012 1:10PM
    Hi Steve - While we consider this idea (reversing the y scale to show descending order), I have a quick fix workaround that hopefully might do the job.
    Insert new formula field, I called it Negative Position, and multiply [Position] by (-1).
    Switch to your Graph view and Choose Y scale field to be [Negative Position].
    The scale will run from -41 to -9 in this case. If Label choice is Position, the values will be positive score values that you want to compare. Paola
  •     steve May 25, 2012 4:22AM
    Alternatively, change the measure to be a formula measure, with e.g.
    -SUBSET_SUM([Negative Position])
    (note the minus)
  • SteveW May 25, 2012 4:24AM
    Hi Paula and Steve, thanks for the advice. I will give them both a go and let you know how I get on.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership