Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Preserve category-colours from changing - Visokio Forums
Preserve category-colours from changing
  • VoteVote Up5Vote Down     Julia_OIS May 2, 2012 9:57AM
    By first editing the colours of category-fields and then renaming these categories, the colours are changing back to default colours. Although this is a logical way and behaviour, it would sometimes be helpful to preserve the colours. A button in the menu "Value order, colour" for optional preservation of the category colours would be helpful to save the edited colour-settings.
  • 5 Comments
  •     steve May 3, 2012 10:04AM
    When you say "renaming", I presume you mean using "Edit value", either by right-clicking the value in the sidebar, or in the "Value order, colours and shapes" dialog for a text/category field.

If so, it would be possible to implement this idea. If, on the other hand, values are changing externally at source, it would not be possible, since Omniscope would not be able to automatically map old to new values.
  •     Julia_OIS May 4, 2012 4:08AM
    Steve, thats right, I mean the edit value-function. It would be perfect to save the changed colours optionally (I understand it is sometimes helpful and the correct behaviour that the colours are changing automatically again).

Thanks for your support!
  •     mustafa May 4, 2012 1:43PM
    This feature will be available from 2.8 when it becomes publicly available.

The following settings will be preserved when they are customised when editing a category

• Colour
    • Shape
    • Order

The settings will also be kept when renaming the field itself.
  •     ChloeWalton August 21, 2012 2:16PM
    is there any way of preserving category colours in 2.7. On refreshing our data the category colours go back to default colours even if the values (categories) have stayed the same.
  •     paola August 23, 2012 6:40AM
    Unfortunately, the feature is only available in 2.8 which is now available for alpha partners see here.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership