Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Pivot View: Date & Time Fields and Top 5 Text Categories. - Visokio Forums
Pivot View: Date & Time Fields and Top 5 Text Categories.
  •     rajeshbalu29 April 27, 2012 1:53AM
    Hi All,

I have a requirement of creating a pivot with x-axis as months - MMMyy and y-axis by top 5 Categories. Currently, the Pivot View is only supports aggregation by Text Category, but if I convert the MMMyy from Date/Time to Text Category, then it does not automatically sort them properly (chronologically)?

Also I need the same feature which we had in the Bar/Line View restricting only top 5 Text Categories in the Pivot y-axis view?

Regards, Rajesh B
  • 7 Comments
  •     steve April 27, 2012 2:08AM
    This is coming in 2.8. Until then, you can manually override the "natural order" of category values using Data > Manage fields. Locate the field in question, open "Value colours, orders and shapes", and reorder.
  •     rajeshbalu29 April 27, 2012 2:52AM
    Thanks for the update and for my other query on the Top 5 categories in the pivot chart?
  •     steve April 27, 2012 4:30AM
    Coming in 2.8.
  •     rajeshbalu29 April 27, 2012 4:41AM
    ok thanks
  •     rajeshbalu29 October 29, 2013 6:03AM
    Hi team,

Can we have a measure with Value Category which can be a singleton value in pivot table.

Regards
    Rajesh B
  •     rajeshbalu29 November 18, 2013 12:19AM
    Hi Team,
    Can anyone please give me updates on my above query?
  •     steve December 3, 2013 3:39AM
    Rajesh, apologies, your query was missed. The previous generation of the Pivot view supported this. Unfortunately the new version only permits numeric values in cells, currently. We may improve on this in the medium term; meanwhile, switch to "View version: 1" in the view Tools menu, to reinstate the old version.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership