Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
3.0 version testing: Some observations - Visokio Forums
3.0 version testing: Some observations
  •     acohen April 3, 2017 6:39AM
    Congratulations on launching the preview. Please find some initial comments below:

1) How does one configure an end user dashboard? At the moment the navigation is via datamanager and clicking on the Visokio eyes to view the reports.
    2) Will it be possible to link data in two different datasets into one report on a joining field? For example if the field "Name" is common but everything else is not.
    3) The Field Metadata seemed to give me the wrong number of records for the Demo:Hurricane data. The dataset has 2038 records however Field Metadata shows 909 records
    4) The aggregation block does not seem to work for unique value list when applied to a dates field

Looking forward to future developments,
  • 5 Comments
  •     steve April 5, 2017 1:21AM
    Ariel, thanks for the feedback!

1) Omniscope 3.0 is an integrated experience with multiple reports each with multiple data sources sitting within the workflow formerly known as DataManager. Configuration of reports happens inside the popup you've already seen. Within a report, click the Share icon, top-right, to open the report in a separate browser, e.g. for end users.

2) You can link additional sources (such as a merge of two other sources) into a report block. Linked filtering of related inputs isn't developed yet but we'll be adding this in the medium term.

3) You were looking at the estimated/preview data. There should be a large watermark over the view. If you've never executed a given block, you work with potentially inaccurate and truncated data, to allow you to build workflows quickly for larger datasets without having to wait for execution every time you make a small change. Click the play icon at the top, in a block, or for the whole workflow, to fix.

4) Correct. There's a warning shown when the block executes: "The UNIQUE VALUES function is only valid for text fields". If comma-separated unique dates is something you need to be able to output from an aggregation, I'm sure we can develop this.
  •        CRead May 26, 2017 11:48AM
    Unique values list / count are aggregation options we use quite a lot. Another aggregation which I can't trivially replicate is histogram aggregation by value or date fields (e.g. by Month).
  • costart October 16, 2017 10:30AM
    Quick bug. when using custom segment in GA connector the number return for each segment is the same as all visitors.
  •     chris October 16, 2017 12:45PM
    Hi,

Would it be possible to email is the Omniscope file with the GA issue to support@visokio.com so we can investigate this further?

Thanks

Chris
  •     chris October 16, 2017 1:16PM
    To add to my last post, we have implemented a possible fix for the GA segment issue, but we would appreciate you sending us the file to test to confirm the fix is working. Thanks.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership