Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Testing New Google AdWords Connector - Visokio Forums
Testing New Google AdWords Connector
  •     chris August 12, 2013 8:49AM
    Hi,

We are now in a position to test a new Omniscope Google AdWords connector.

The Google AdWords API is quite large, and unfortunately we are not Google AdWords users ourselves, so before we start development we need to gather requirements and prioritise key functionality.

If a Google AdWords connector is something you would be interested in, and if you would be prepared to help us develop this connector, please tell us:

• What would you like the connector to do? What types of reports do you want to download?
    • What options would you like to see? Please base this on other connectors such as GoogleAnalytics. The more specific the better, for example "A dropdown to select campaign", "A dropdown to select keywords" etc. We would like you to tell us how the Google AdWords connector should work.
    • Would you be able to help us out with development by arranging a short screen-sharing session and demonstrating how you use the Google AdWords online application? This will help us get a better understanding of the types of queries being undertaken on the Google AdWords platform and how these might translate to an Omniscope connector.
    • Are you able to provide us with a test account that we can use to develop the connector?

Once we have gathered enough requirements we will develop and deploy the connector. This will initially be made available only to users who have registered interest on this forum or who have contacted us privately. Once the connector has been sufficiently tested we will make it available to all Omniscope users.

Chris
  • 16 Comments
  •     alec_webliquid September 20, 2013 11:40AM
    Hi Chris,

We are very interested in helping out with this. I will be in touch shortly with a contact in our US office who should be able to help out with all of the above. Do you need a technical contact at Google as well?

Cheers
  •     chris April 9, 2014 1:06PM
    Hi Daniel,

It is in the works, however there are a few things we still need:

1. A test account with some data that we can use to test the connector.
    2. A set of requirements. The API is fairly large, so we need to identify the core functionality, this should allow us to plan out how the connector should look and what options it will provide.
    3. A technical contact at Google. We have a few technical issues we need to discuss. We have tried to contact Google directly but have been unsuccessful up to now.

If you would be willing to help with any of these it would be of great help.

I'd be more than happy to setup a phone call to discuss this in more detail, please let me know if you would like to go ahead with this.

Regards

Chris
  •        daniel April 9, 2014 2:00PM
    I'll have to check on whether we know of a suitable tech contact, I've only had contact with an account manager for Adwords.
  •        daniel June 18, 2015 5:40AM
    The main report I would like to see included is the Ad Performance report which has the setup shown in the image below on what columns are included in the segmentations.

Attachments
    ADP.PNG 25K
  •     tjbate August 7, 2015 6:54AM
    We are now ready to start live testing of the new Google Ad Words Connector available in Omniscope 3.0 alpha. If you would like to help test and refine the Connector, please post here and we will make sure your Forum account is upgraded so that you can see version 3.0 alpha discussions and see feedback provided already
  • alexandervolk     alexandervolk August 7, 2015 7:53AM
    I would very much like to help with this!
  •        daniel August 7, 2015 9:22AM
    Happy to help test.
  •     SebT August 7, 2015 9:24AM
    Amazing! Happy to test it and help
  •     tjbate August 16, 2015 10:22AM
    This is currently a version 3.0 feature...please make sure your Forum account has been upgraded to Pre-Alpha Partner in order to follow the Version 3.0 discussions and feedback already posted.
  •        daniel August 17, 2015 6:31AM
    Is there new thread for this on the 3.0 section or do we just post in here?

I'm not really sure where to get the "Connection ID" for testing out.
  •     Veaceslav August 17, 2015 10:51AM
    Google AdWords connector has been integrated in Omniscope 3.0 and is available for download and test to Pre-Alpha Partners.

Please visit http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/2984/using-the-google-adwords-connector to learn how to use the new connector.
  •        daniel August 20, 2015 10:36AM
    I've been able to run an Ad Performance report with the new connector, it works well and is fast. I've checked the numbers against Adwords web tool and impressions, clicks and conversions were fine and matched up.

The one thing that isn't quite right is the Cost field, you have to divide by a million to get the number down into £s & pences i.e. the data gives 228960 which should actually read £0.23.

A useful addition in the connector though would be the ability to deselect all the fields in the "Selected fields" drop down. It was a bit manual to unpick some 50+ fields out of the default fields which it automatically added.

*Added

Also if the field list could be sorted alphabetically or a search filter put in to find a specific field will be helpful.
  • JohnMR January 23, 2017 6:02AM
    I do not any way to get the AdWords connector and this link claims I do not have permission.
    Does this connector still exist?
    http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/2984/using-the-google-adwords-connector
  •     chris January 23, 2017 6:17AM
    Hi John,

What version of Omniscope are you using?

Chris
  • JohnMR January 23, 2017 6:53AM
    Hi Chris,

Omniscope 2.9.

John.
  •     chris January 23, 2017 7:02AM
    Hi John,

We have developed the AdWords connector in Omniscope 3.0 only. Omniscope 3 is still in Alpha, and will be available for download shortly. If you are interested in using Omniscope 3 I would suggest arranging a demonstration, let me know if this is something you feel would be useful.

Regards

Chris

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership