Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Content views not loading in PDF Batch Output - Visokio Forums
Content views not loading in PDF Batch Output
  •     bernardpi May 9, 2016 4:25AM
    We have a report which currently hooks into a batch output to produce a PDF export of the report. This report has a number of content views due to some of the limitations around the formatting of the pivot view. The report itself works fine and the content views load quickly but when it comes to producing the PDF batch output, the screenshots taken appear to show some content views not given time to load (some of those content views that don't load are just HTML pages with no underlying JS!).

Is there something I can do to ensure that when these screenshots of the report are being taken that it waits for all views to load? It's not consistently the same views either. I can share the report/omni file it has produced privately if necessary.
  • 9 Comments
  •     bernardpi May 9, 2016 7:08AM
    See http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/comment/10232/#Comment_10232 for a similar problem. I should mention I'm currently working with build 1799 and am experiencing these issues.
  •     steve May 10, 2016 1:15AM
    Bernard - did you try
    Settings > Advanced > Miscellaneous > Web View screenshot grab delay
    ?
  •     bernardpi May 10, 2016 4:05AM
    Hi Steve, yes, it's set to 10 but doesn't appear to have much of a discernible effect. When I watch the application as it's producing the PDF, it's like it receives a false 'notification' that the content views are ready, takes the screenshot, and moves on to the next tab described in the batch output.
  •     steve May 11, 2016 10:37AM
    So it (without doubt) does *not* wait the configured 10s?
  •     bernardpi May 13, 2016 6:14AM
    Hi Steve. It does appear to wait 10s but I wouldn't say consistently. I have sent you an e-mail with a screen grab of the process and the output it produced. Many thanks for your help in advance.
  •     steve May 14, 2016 6:38AM
    Bernard, thanks for sending the files. I've watched the video and am unsure whether it is waiting the 10s (but it's not enough) or it's not waiting the 10s (and should). We can easily extend the 10s maximum option value but I'm not sure that will help. Please could you send me an IOK file with a single tab and single content view which illustrates the problem and I'll do further testing.
  •     bernardpi May 16, 2016 4:58AM
    Hi Steve, I have sent you the IOK as per your request. Let me know if you require any further information.
  •     steve May 17, 2016 1:09AM
    Bernard, I've responded by email.
  •     bernardpi July 6, 2016 10:04AM
    Hi Steve. I am still observing inconsistencies with the rendering of some content views depending on the output being generated. I have e-mailed you some findings. Any further assistance is appreciated.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged