Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Filtering: Hide columns with "no value" in Chart View - Visokio Forums
Filtering: Hide columns with "no value" in Chart View
  •     Phillipa December 4, 2015 7:20AM
    Hi,

Is there any way of hiding columns that show no value in the Chart view?

I can hide no values in the side bar filters but when I split by these fields the no value always appears as a big ugly column
    and it is not possible to deselect "no value" as this would affect other paramters.

Thanks for any advice
    Phillipa
  • 6 Comments
  •     paola December 4, 2015 10:03AM
    You could isolate the blanks using the combination of views selection/filtering on sidebar . Once eliminated, the rest of the data can be saved as query, then visualised in the Chart view.
  •     Phillipa December 7, 2015 3:31AM
    Dear Paola,

If I understand you correctly, I would then be filtering out the no values.

I don't want to filter out this data, as it is necessary for the other charts showing on the same tab. I just don't want to show the "no Value" in one of the charts.

Thanks
    Phillipa
  •     Phillipa December 7, 2015 3:34AM
    Hi again.

I spoke too soon..... think I understand now. You would just be setting the query on the one chart and so the other charts won't be affected!

That will probably work.

Thanks
    Phillipa

•     Phillipa December 7, 2015 4:48AM
    Hi Paola,

I still have the problem that if I allow the client to choose between 2 variables on a given chart i.e. current pts and all pts (including retrospective) I cannot avoid showing the no value column.

I assume from your previous reply that there is no setting which will hide all no vlues on a chart....

Phillipa
  •     Phillipa December 7, 2015 5:45AM
    Hi Paola,

I have the option on the split menu to unclick "include nulls/no value".

This is perfect for my needs. The only problem is that every time you switch the splits you need to untick this option. Is there any way to set this as a default?

Phillipa
  •     paola December 11, 2015 4:50AM
    You can create multiple queries, that will be responsive (or not) to filtering and selection (in which case you will use Subset menu option Filtered >intersected with query).

There is no way to disable the option "include nulls/no value", because it is assumed the user will have different preferences for different fields, so switching to query data that excludes nulls is a better solution?

This is a useful video, showing how to manage views that are displaying different subsets or datasets
    http://tc.visokio.com/videos/?name=MixingDatasets&title=Mixing+unrelated+datasets&lang=gb

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership