Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Dynamic Title: text to reflect the selection - Visokio Forums
Dynamic Title: text to reflect the selection
  •     Phillipa December 7, 2015 9:00AM
    Hi,

I am working on dashboards that go to a client and would like to add a dynamic Title that reflects the chosen stack.

The only way I know to get dynamic text is to use the content view and a formula.
    However, I cannot find an option that will allow me to show which stack is showing. Specifically I want to give the customer the option of choosing between 2 stacks and the title to the chart should change according to which stack is chosen ( in this case the performance indicator ECOG & Karnofsky Index).

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for any help
    Phillipa
  • 6 Comments
  • Alexander     Alexander December 7, 2015 9:15AM
    Hi Philipa,

We have encountered the same problem. We solved it using a content view instead of the title.
  •     Phillipa December 7, 2015 9:23AM
    Yes, but could you link the content view to the stack that was chosen i.e. the field that it is stackied by?

I can't find that option and it would have to be linked to one specific chart view in that tab.

Phillipa
  •     paola December 7, 2015 10:30AM
    You can use formulas in each chart title, for dynamic results, just surround it by double brackets e.g.
    {{SUBSET_SINGLETON([Field])}}
    worked example:
    http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/2485

You may wish to use the Content view, with the same formula, as it will be more responsive to selection (Singleton function will work if you do select>keep).
  •     Phillipa December 7, 2015 12:08PM
    Hi Paola,

Thanks that is a really good function to know.
    But what I need it the name of the field selected in the stack option.

Eg if the client chooses to stack by ECOG then ECOG should be the header and if the client chooses to stack by Karnofsky index then Karnofsky index should be the header.

I am not clear on how to achieve this.
    Phillipa
  • alexandervolk     alexandervolk December 7, 2015 12:15PM
    Philippa,

the following solution is dealing with a similar problem: http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/1002/variables-switching-measures-for-multiple-charts-on-a-single-tab

Hope it helps you here.

Alex
  •     Phillipa December 8, 2015 7:19AM
    Thanks Alex and Paola,

That's quite elegant. I think I will be using this more often now I know.

Phillipa
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership