Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
DataManager: Email Output only on Fridays? - Visokio Forums
DataManager: Email Output only on Fridays?
  •        benjamin September 2, 2015 10:25AM
    Hi, I have an email output block in the DataManager.

I would like this block to only publish on a specific day during the week. However the file refresh will run daily. Also the XML file after the file has refreshed and saves call another XML and I would like this to continue.

How do i get the email output block to only publish on a Friday?

I have tried custom validation in the Validate Data block and to fail if not a Fri, but such failure then stops the dependent XML running even if i don't have "propagate failure" in the XML.

Any advise would be appreciated

Thanks, Ben
  • 6 Comments
  •     chris September 2, 2015 10:41AM
    Hi Ben,

Thanks for the question. Why don't you create a separate file with the email block that you schedule to run only on a Friday?

Chris
  •        benjamin September 2, 2015 10:43AM
    Because then i will have two files which are ultimately the same , want to avoid duplication if possible
  •     chris September 2, 2015 10:44AM
    You could have your main workflow in one file, and another file that has that IOK file as a source with your email publisher.
  •        benjamin September 2, 2015 10:45AM
    i would then have two files and two schedules ?
  •     chris September 2, 2015 11:00AM
    Yes that's correct, but I think this is the best approach.

If another user looks at the scheduler and they see that the file is published every day there would be no indication that the file infact contains it's own logic to publish every Friday. It's better to hold all scheduling logic in the scheduler and not in the IOK file.

If you want to change it to run on a different day, again it is not obvious that you need to open the IOK file to make the change.
  •     chris September 2, 2015 11:02AM
    In the scheduler you can configure which blocks you want to publish. You could use a single IOK file, with one schedule to run every day and one to run on Friday's.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership