Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Refreshing Images in Tile View - Visokio Forums
Refreshing Images in Tile View
  • cedricb September 20, 2011 12:47PM
    We have brand logo images stored on a folder on our extranet and I want the tile view to show these logos. I have uploaded new images to this folder but the tile view doesn't refresh with the new logos. I have tried clicking 'refresh image sizes' many times and have saved and closed the file many times but it refuses to show the new images.
    If I save the images on my local c drive and point the omniscope to that it works fine but we need it to work from the central online folder otherwise clients won't be able to see them. Is the fact that it is beind a security wall a problem?
    Is there anything else I can try? It used to work fine.
  • 7 Comments
  •     steve September 21, 2011 6:06AM
    Try this exactly:
    - open file
    - go to image set configuration
    - click "Refresh" button
    - ok
    - save file
    - close file
    - Settings > Advanced > Clear online resource cache
    - restart app
    - open file
  • cedricb September 21, 2011 6:15AM
    Where is the 'Image set Configuration' option?
    I've done the clear online resource cache and now no logos are appearing.
  •     steve September 21, 2011 6:18AM
    Settings > Images > Modify image set xyz...
    "Refresh image sizes".
    The same place you've already tried - but you need to save and re-open the file.

When you're in the image set dialog, copy the file path in the text box under "Example image file" and paste into the Windows Explorer address bar. What happens?
  • cedricb September 21, 2011 7:24AM
    I've tried doing all the above and still no luck.
    I've copied the file path into windows explorer and it works fine.
    Any other suggestions?
  • antonio     antonio September 21, 2011 8:48AM
    Cedric,

I've emailed you to find out how to sort this.

Regards
  • antonio     antonio September 21, 2011 10:00AM
    This issue was caused by accessing Sharepoint library remote folder via https.
    We're looking into this issue; the workaround is to map a network drive as suggested here http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/417/exporting-to-a-sharepoint-site-as-a-network-location-on-windows-7

Regards,

Antonio
  • antonio     antonio September 21, 2011 12:36PM
    Hello all,

In order to use a Sharepoint library folder location as a web address in Omniscope, we suggest to do the following 2 changes:

1) Try changing your Network security setting on the Sharepoint server as Steve suggested here http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/comment/2145/#Comment_2145

2) Try enabling Basic Authentication in IIS / Sharepoint Central Administration
    - Go under the IIS “SharePoint Central Administration″ (eg. v3 or v4) site.
    - Click on the Authentication icon
    - Enable Basic authentication.

Please, keep us posted if this solves your issue.

Regards,

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership