Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Error in Time Fields - Visokio Forums
Error in Time Fields
  •     Wayne September 12, 2011 6:03AM
    After having installed b771, all of my date fields set to show as unique values now also exhibit extraneous strings. A field programmed to show "MMM yy" is now showing "ww MMM dd hh:mm:ss GMT yyyy". The only way to be rid of these extraneous string is to show field as Historgram, something that is not acceptable to our client. Please advise on remedy. Thank you.
  • 8 Comments
  •     steve September 12, 2011 8:52AM
    It sounds like the date format has been reconfigured in the IOK file. The "unique values" option will simply show all unique dates using the field's configured date format.

I'd like to find out how this date format changed, presuming that it wasn't intentional. Where does your data come from? Is it possible that the date format in the incoming data has been changed?

What version did you have previously? If you go back to the previous version, are the old fields restored (I can provide a download link)?

Can you include your file here, or a sample IOK file (with sources) that replicates the problem?
  •     Wayne September 12, 2011 9:02AM
    Hi Steve. I'm certain the data source hasn't changed. Many of my IOK files are exhibiting this error and they draw from entirely different data sources. A colleague also reports experiencing the same issue. I'm keen to assist you in the troubleshoot but not entirely comfortable about posting files here - please advise on alternative arrangement. Thank you.
  •     steve September 12, 2011 10:57AM
    Please could you determine _some_ past build which did not exhibit this problem. I don't know whether you are coming from a 2.5 build from 2 years ago, or a 2.6 build from last month.

Can you reproduce the problem in a sample file and post here? Or, are you able to email me the IOK file and all source files, so I can run the model locally? If so, I will email you my details.
  •     Wayne September 13, 2011 5:41AM
    I'm coming from a 2.6 build from last month. I can send you the file - can you please ping me your email address? Thanks.
  •     Wayne September 13, 2011 8:55AM
    Attached is a screenshot of the situation.
    Attachments
    Untitled.jpg 279K
  •     ygulla September 15, 2011 8:49AM
    Exact same issue here.

Here are 2 screenshots from 2 different machines opening exactly the same file but with different versions of omniscope:

beta 769 (x64)

rc 771 (x64)
    Attachments
    769beta.png 2K
    771rc.png 3K
  •     steve September 15, 2011 9:09AM
    Thanks, all. We are aware of the issue and will have a fix tonight.
  •     michael September 15, 2011 9:21AM
    The bug was fixed, it will be available in the next builds: 2.6-rc b777 and 2.7-alpha b40.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged