Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Content View Formulae Stylised Indicator - Visokio Forums
Content View Formulae Stylised Indicator
  •        benjamin June 21, 2011 7:01AM
    Hi

I am in contents view and have constructed a specific table with defined formulaes in each cell.

I am trying to do a red /amber /green colouring scheme to highlight numbers when they are greater than a specified level.

When i go to stylised text , then custom rules and add my own custom rules i have a few problems :

1.By default the formula in edit for which i apply this styled text rule to always is converted into text even if i leave it as a number.I have to delete the added "Text" operator in the edit formula when this is automatically added by default.How do i stop this ?
    2.When i put a custom rule in styled text it works well initially when clicking off of Content view to view result .But then when i click back on content view and the formulae it says there is a error ( i.e a + operator was expected ..)
    3.To overcome this i have edited the content view in html code and found a way around this (using < tdclass,... )

=30,"#ffdd00","#b1ffac")}}>

which colours the whole cell in the table (which is the preferred option instead of just colouring the text).However when i convert back to formulae mode in the content view the formatting of the table is not maintained and cells are added and deleted .If i leave the content view in html mode it work fine.Why is this, this should not occur ?
    4.As a idea , could you add a coloured cell operator under the display value along with fixing the styled text function.

Other problems/Request :

1.In field operator in data manager could i have a search box added at the top much like what is availiable in the other data manager blocks as else i have to search by eye to find coloumns i want added/deleted from omniscope in data manager.

2.In bar graph is it possible to plot two fields in one coloumn so for instance if i have a field which is expected sales and actual sales i can have one bar which shows total sales and a proportion of the bar coloured which represents expected sales

3.Change coloumn names in table view .I.e when i aggregate and apply either mean/sum/formulae result accross coloumns i would like to change the name of that coloumn for that table view only to reflect whether it is sum/mean/formulae etc .
    Otherwise when presenting this information in the table it gives a misleading names for the coloumn

4.Add graphs across tabs .I.e for instance say i have a content view or bar graph which i have formatted specifically in one tab i would like to add the same graph to another tab but without having to add it individually to every tab.I would like to either drop and drag view into tabs on the rhs of the main tab.Or copy and paste into views.

5.I would like to define formulae on specified views without having to create a coloumn .(I.e similar function as to measure in power pivot ) in effect to define a formulae on teh fly (Much similar to define a coloumn then using aggregate and formulae results ..)

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Ben

• 8 Comments
  •     michael June 21, 2011 2:39PM
    Hi Benjamin,

regarding the Content View questions, can you write some more details about values and formula and where do you have "Text" operator?
    Is it a number formatting issue (and if so you can use Formatting section of the dialogue) or you cannot write Custom rules at all?

Can you also send me a source code of this formula construction (Edit source button in the right bottom corner of the dialogue). For example, if I have a numberic function SUBSET_SUM([Coupon]) and I set Custom rules then when I click Edit source button I should see

DECLARE(___value, SUBSET_SUM([Coupon]), " 12, " font-weight: bold; color: #bef2be; ", IF ( ___value < 12, " font-weight: bold; color: #edf299; ", IF ( ___value = 12, "", ""))) +"\">"+FIELDFORMAT(___value, [Coupon])+"").

Regarding HTML source mode, formulas should be only used as HTML content, and they cannot be used inside tags as tag attributes.
  •     chris June 21, 2011 5:55PM
    Hi Benjamin,

In regards to the following:

1.In field operator in data manager could i have a search box added at the top much like what is availiable in the other data manager blocks as else i have to search by eye to find coloumns i want added/deleted from omniscope in data manager.

We do intend to put a search box in the field organiser. This is likely to be implemented in Omniscope 2.7.
  •        benjamin June 22, 2011 3:56AM
    The code which i eneter in the formulae

(SUBSET_SUM([WeightedAverageOriginalLTVbyOrigLTV],SUBSET3([Product Code],[Buy to Let],[CurrentStatus],"Prime","Yes","Completed","=","=","="))+SUBSET_SUM([WeightedAverageOriginalLTVbyOrigLTV],SUBSET3([Product Code],[Buy to Let],[CurrentStatus],"Prime 2011","Yes","Completed","=","=","=")))/(SUBSET_SUM([LoanAmountIncludingFees],SUBSET3([Product Code],[Buy to Let],[CurrentStatus],"Prime","Yes","Completed","=","=","="))+SUBSET_SUM([LoanAmountIncludingFees],SUBSET3([Product Code],[Buy to Let],[CurrentStatus],"Prime 2011","Yes","Completed","=","=","=")))

I then set the decimal places to zero(0)

Then if i reclick on the formulae button to view the formulae it appear as:

TEXTVALUE((SUBSET_SUM([WeightedAverageOriginalLTVbyOrigLTV],SUBSET3([Product Code],[Buy to Let],[CurrentStatus],"Prime","Yes","Completed","=","=","="))+SUBSET_SUM([WeightedAverageOriginalLTVbyOrigLTV],SUBSET3([Product Code],[Buy to Let],[CurrentStatus],"Prime 2011","Yes","Completed","=","=","=")))/(SUBSET_SUM([LoanAmountIncludingFees],SUBSET3([Product Code],[Buy to Let],[CurrentStatus],"Prime","Yes","Completed","=","=","="))+SUBSET_SUM([LoanAmountIncludingFees],SUBSET3([Product Code],[Buy to Let],[CurrentStatus],"Prime 2011","Yes","Completed","=","=","="))),"#,###")

I.e With Textvalue around the formulae.

I then have to delete the textvalue around the formulae and enter the custom rules in stylised text.The edit source is :

DECLARE(___value, (SUBSET_SUM([WeightedAverageOriginalLTVbyOrigLTV],SUBSET3([Product Code],[Buy to Let],[CurrentStatus],"Prime","Yes","Completed","=","=","="))+SUBSET_SUM([WeightedAverageOriginalLTVbyOrigLTV],SUBSET3([Product Code],[Buy to Let],[CurrentStatus],"Prime 2011","Yes","Completed","=","=","=")))/(SUBSET_SUM([LoanAmountIncludingFees],SUBSET3([Product Code],[Buy to Let],[CurrentStatus],"Prime","Yes","Completed","=","=","="))+SUBSET_SUM([LoanAmountIncludingFees],SUBSET3([Product Code],[Buy to Let],[CurrentStatus],"Prime 2011","Yes","Completed","=","=","="))), ", "= 70, "", "") +"\">"+TEXTVALUE(___value, "#,###")+"")

This is the stated as error and "style" is highlighted in red as the error.

•     michael June 22, 2011 6:12AM
    Hi Benjamin,
    I couldn't reproduce this behaviour, I didn't have errors when I switched to "Styled text" Custom rules.
    Could you post here or email me your demonstrative IOK file. Could you aslo make sure that you are using the last Omniscope build.
  •        benjamin June 22, 2011 2:06PM
    I have attached the file .Fields have been scrambled
  •     michael June 23, 2011 6:16AM
    Hi Benjamin,
    I reproduced the issue in your file. This is a bug. It was fixed and the fix will available in the next Omniscope build b676.
  •     michael June 23, 2011 6:22AM
    apologies, build b677
  •     steve June 23, 2011 8:11AM
    Ben,

It would be helpful if you could different topics individually rather than putting them all in one discussion thread.

Regarding the unanswered questions from the top:

2. Presuming you mean Omniscope, the Bar view allows you to define multiple measures thereby creating a bar per field. Play around with where, and in what position, the "Measures" option appears in the Split, Stack and Pane drop-downs.
    You can use "Tools > Layout > Bar spacing/overlap" to get one bar to overlap another and show proportion.

3. This isn't currently possible. You should name your fields so they are most appropriate for the places you display them rather than for the underlying data model, when creating a report for end users. Please submit a new post in Ideas and vote.

4. Vote here: http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/526/copy-a-view-from-one-tab-to-another/p1
    See also the "Tools > Capture view > As new tab" option in the view toolbar.

5. This is similar to 3, and again isn't yet possible. You can use formulas "on the fly" in the Content View, but if you want to use them in regular views you must create fields for them which may not make any sense in the underlying data model. Again, please submit a new post in Ideas, explaining why you need this, and vote.

Steve

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership