Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Dial - Visokio Forums
Dial
  • VoteVote Up0Vote Down     davedunckley January 19, 2011 12:13PM
    Hello,

It would be great if the dial could intractivaly pick up the lowist and higist vaules in a dataset.

So that you could allways see exacly where you where with in the data.

Dave
  • 6 Comments
  •     steve January 24, 2011 9:47AM
    Can you give more detail? 

Also, with the new forums system, you can now vote for ideas - I suggest you vote for your own ideas, at the very least.  Use the arrow buttons at the top-left of this page.
  •     tjbate January 25, 2011 1:20PM
    Dave - others have pointed out that the Dial View ranges are not currently data-driven, i.e the minimum and maximums are inputs in the Range > Edit dial range dialog, and that subsequent refreshes can introduce values above or below the the previously-set minimum and maximum.

Shall we summarise this idea as "dynamic Dial Range minimum and maximum" ?
    This refinement may have to take Subsets into account, since each Dial View could be pointing at a Named Query subset, Filtered IN data, ALL Data etc.
  •     davedunckley January 26, 2011 3:06AM
    Yep thats great! We are indeed using a named Query on ours.

Yep thats the exact point I am getting at. So for example, if mine was montoring the a rate that has allways sat between 2 and 8. If somthing go's badly wroung and that rate falls to 1. Curently it will fall of my Dial. But if it was a "dynamic Dial Range minimum and maximum" 1 would automaticaly become the new minimum vaule.
  •     steve January 26, 2011 4:01AM
    Can you post your file here, or a mockup of the same problem?
  •     davedunckley January 26, 2011 4:14AM
    No,

I think tom gets what I mean.

Thanks

Dave
  •     steve January 26, 2011 4:16AM
    In the Range dialog, if you choose Automatic Range, doesn't this do what you want? Or are you using the Aggregation button on the view toolbar (in which case automatic range cannot work)?

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership