Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Performance: Memory management on a virtual server - Visokio Forums
Performance: Memory management on a virtual server
  •     enrico68 November 27, 2015 3:57AM
    Till today we run Omniscope, both interactively and using the scheduler, on a virtual server with 16Gb virtual memory and 4 virtual processors allocated.
    The operating system that manage the virtual machines on this physical server is VMWare 5.1 and Omniscope version is the 2.9 Server.

Since datasets we are elaborating are growing up in dimensions quite rapidly, we have now changed the configuration in a way that the virtual memory used can be extended up to 32Gb and the number of virtual processors can be extended up to 8, if these resources are available (not used by other virtual machines) on the physical server where the virtual machine is installed.

We are now running some large .iok file update for testing the new server configuration, but till now Omniscope has always used at most the usual 16Gb of memory and, sincerly, I do not think that the problem is that there are no other resource available.

I'd like to know if there is a particular set up to perform to let Omniscope see and use the new available memory and processors or if anyone has experience to share about using Omniscope on virtual server.
  • 2 Comments
  •     paola November 27, 2015 10:02AM
    Hi Enrico, we would like to organise a screen-share session with you and look into this. I will contact you directly to organise this.
  •     enrico68 December 14, 2015 11:18AM
    Sorry for not answering you before but in the end we solved the situation assigning to Omniscope virtual server 32 Gb of dedicated memory.
    We have seen that in this way both scheduler and interface were able to allocate all the required memory during data processing.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership