Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Outputs: Changing Interface Mode in Viewer or by Scheduler? - Visokio Forums
Outputs: Changing Interface Mode in Viewer or by Scheduler?
  • alexandervolk     alexandervolk November 28, 2014 6:00AM
    Is it possible for a Viewer to change an IOK's interface mode from Classic to HTML5 browser version?

If not, is there a Scheduler action that can change the interface mode?

Essentially, we want a duplicate of an IOK to be saved as an HTML5 file, so the client can choose how to view their file.

Thanks!
  • 3 Comments
  •     paola November 28, 2014 10:17AM
    If someone has Viewer edition they will not be able to initiate the switch to HTML5 - you will need an authoring edition to enable them to view the report in a browser.
    Desktop edition will enable the 'screen sharing' mode (click Settings menu > Web sharing > Viewing link and send them the link while your report is open in Desktop).
    You will need Server to host your own files and make them available 24/7 to your clients to open on mobile devices by clicking on a link.
    Instructions and more info can be found here:

http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/2311/omniscope-mobile-now-open-for-end-user-alpha-testing

http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/2610/announcing-omniscope-2.9-beta

Depending on the interface you use to serve your reports, you might give choice to users to download .iok file or click on a link and view the installation-free HTML5 version.
  •     Mees December 3, 2014 9:40AM
    Hi Alexander,

Paola pointed me at your Forum Post and allowed me to mention our online portal for management information “Deltascope”.
    Deltascope is developed by Orange Peak Company and is a fast growing platform for companies to distribute their management information within their organization, but also beyond (clients, suppliers etc).

Reports, Omniscope reports, are launched in the Free Viewer, Java Webstart and in HTML5. On report level you define these settings. It’s easy the duplicate a report, and launch it as HTML5 for colleague 1 and as Free Viewer for colleague 2. As the two reports are based on the same source template file, you’ll only have to refresh once!
    Reports are refreshed using our schedulers within Omniscope Server or via manual upload on Deltascope.

As Deltascope contains a user right admin environment, you are able to assign the reports to various people.
    This way you make sure everyone gets the information they require in the right way on all devices possible.

The Deltascope platform can be published on all domains you like, e.g. www.alexandervolk.com.

I am happy to demonstrate the system to you via a screen sharing meeting. Feel free to contact me on meester@orangepeakcompany.com.

Kind regards
    Arjan
  • alexandervolk     alexandervolk December 3, 2014 10:01AM
    Hi Arjan,

thanks for getting in touch! Yes, please let's have a demonstration of Deltascope.

Can you contact me at volk@crossmedia.de with further details and date recommendations?

Thanks
    Alex

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership