Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Content View: Using Variables for resolving tab links? - Visokio Forums
Content View: Using Variables for resolving tab links?
  • tagarw August 13, 2014 1:59AM
    Suppose in a report I have 5 tabs. In Tab 1 I have one Variable with 10 possible values. If I select any one of these 10 values, then I want the file should switch automatically to say, Tab 4. Can we create such links between two tabs of same report? Please confirm.

Thanks
  • 15 Comments
  •     mustafa August 14, 2014 6:02AM
    This is not currently possible.

The closest you can come to this is by either having a Tab device box in the sidebar/Devices View.

Alternatively, you could use the Content view to write something to create a Tab link which the user will have to click and on click opens the desired Tab.
  •     tjbate August 14, 2014 6:37AM
    More information on existing tab link navigation is here:

http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/comment/6888/#Comment_6888
  • tagarw August 14, 2014 7:18AM
    Thank you very much. I get that. Now what I am doing is creating a Content View and a link there. It is migrating to the linked tab. Working. thanks again.

Suppose in content view I write 'jagran' and linked it to tab2. When I click on jagran it is moving to tab2. Can I read this word 'jagran' in tab2?? If yes how?
  •     bfromson1 August 28, 2014 6:05AM
    Try this
  • tagarw August 28, 2014 7:42AM
    Moving from one tab to another through link is ok. But I want the text of hyperlink to be readable from new tab.
  •     michael September 1, 2014 5:30AM
    Hi Jagran,

You can use formulas to generate your conditional links, see Bernard's example file:

<a href="tab:{{[Variable-Text Choice]}}>Open tab defined by Variable Choice</a>

You can also make a formula for this link text.

However, after the user jumps to another tab it is impossible to know anything what happened on the previous one.
  •     Bart September 3, 2014 4:14AM
    Is there a way to change variable/filter from within content view ?
  •     michael September 3, 2014 5:18AM
    No, only from the Sidebar or the Devices View. All other views just read them.
  •     Bart September 3, 2014 7:31AM
    Is there a way to select anything in content view which will affect other views? The same way as it works for all other views.
  •     tjbate September 3, 2014 7:53AM
    Bart - I think you should look at the Devices View. You can add any number of these Views to any number of tabs in any size, and selectively reveal Variables and filters inside them. Essentially a more flexible alternative to the Sidebars.
  •     Bart September 3, 2014 7:58AM
    Devices View do not work in omniscope mobile. Also having a scroll bar (with high number of options) is very annoying. It was just a question, I thought that maybe there is something that I didn't know... I have a workaround already. Thank you for all your replies.
  •     steve September 4, 2014 4:41AM
    Bart, Devices View is nearly developed and will be in 3.0 shortly, by the way.
  •     Bart September 22, 2014 4:55AM
    Can we somehow do the same navigation while using native browser settings?
  •     paola September 22, 2014 5:28AM
    Hi Bart, sorry, but this is not currently possible.
  •     Bart September 22, 2014 7:05AM
    Thanks Paola,

I found a workaround for it. Omni mobile only. Would be good to have something for desktop version in the future.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership