Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Workflow: Passing values between tabs/files? - Visokio Forums
Workflow: Passing values between tabs/files?
  • tagarw August 7, 2014 6:39AM
    Hi All,

Can two Omniscope tabs communicate with each other? For example in Tab 1 we are selecting some value and we want to retrieve that value in Tab 2. Can we do that? If yes... how?? Please confirm.

Thanks..
  • 7 Comments
  •     tjbate August 7, 2014 7:00AM
    Jagran- Omniscope uses Variables to allow users to select specific values, and have those values available throughout all tabs/formulae in the file.

Assuming you are selecting from Category Text values, and using one selected value to define calculations throughout the file, you can add a Text Choice variable including all values in a given field as follows:

Data > Formula > Add/Edit Variable > add Text Choice Variable > Import from field

•     tjbate August 7, 2014 7:20AM
    Parameters are a mechanism for managing individual values across files, such that one file can define parametric queries influencing the import of data sets into a second file.
    Rather than define everything in one file, sometimes it is better to spread things out across multiple files such that actions taken in one file are passed on to the next file in the chain. Omniscope uses parameters to do this:

Attachments
    Parameters.PNG 21K
  • tagarw August 8, 2014 3:11AM
    Thank you for replying Back. Kindly see the attachment for more details on question.
    Attachments
    query.docx 61K
  •     tjbate August 8, 2014 4:51AM
    Jagran - If you want filters and Variable settings in one tab to be mirrored in one or more subsequent tabs, then you must use advanced tab settings when selecting the 'mirror' or 'slave' tabs that will follow the filtering and Variables settings of the previous 'master' tab.

To create this kind of mirror/slave tabs, go:

Tabs > (New) > Copy of current tab (advanced) .
    This will give you a dialog like this:

Un-ticking 'Filter states' and Variable settings' means that this tab will 'inherit' the filtering and variable settings from the previous tab.
    Attachments
    AdvancedTabs.PNG 16K
  • tagarw August 8, 2014 5:01AM
    I am really sorry If my question is not clear to you. And thank you for answering.

I don't want to copy complete filter in to other tab. I just need the value selected in fisrt tab. I have to use that value in second tab.
  •     tjbate August 11, 2014 2:30AM
    If you only want the Variable values to be passed from one tab to the next, then leave Filter states ticked and un-tick only Variable states. This will pass Variable values selected on the first tab to subsequent tabs created using the advanced tab dialogue. Advanced tabs that are inheriting states from previous tabs display the tab names in italic font.
  • tagarw August 11, 2014 3:15AM
    Thanks it is working :)
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership