Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Activation: Opening page missing Tasks, DataManager & DataExplorer? - Visokio Forums
Activation: Opening page missing Tasks, DataManager & DataExplorer?
  • MattBoxall May 16, 2014 6:50AM
    Hi team,

Having a problem where, although activated, the main page on a colleague's computer is not show the same as mine and they cannot access the Tasks, DataManager or DataExplorer from the launch page of Omniscope?

I was hoping to source if this was a bug or if there has been an error in setting up/ activation?

I have screen shots if needed.

Much thanks,

Matt
  • 3 Comments
  •     tjbate May 16, 2014 7:02AM
    Matthew - You can see in the opening screen that this installation has not been successfully activated, and therefore is opening as a free Viewer....

Why do you think this installation has been activated? Please email the first 4-6 characters of this license key to support, and we will see why the installation did not activate.
  • MattBoxall May 16, 2014 7:09AM
    Hmm, thanks for letting me know, our IT came down and activated with the key provided after purchase but obviously they have not done this correctly it would seem.

I'll get them to activate again, if this does not take I will let you know! Much thanks guys!

Matt
  •     tjbate May 16, 2014 7:51AM
    Matt - A common cause of this sort of seemingly-successful activation is that the IT person has done the activation while logged into their system administrator account on the machine, rather than the User account to be activated. This will successfully activate the Omniscope installation in the Administrator account, but the User account will still have only the free Viewer.

Another common cause of activation problems is if the machine to be activated must first access a proxy server in order to access our activation server via the open Internet.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership