Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Scripting: Examples from D3.js Gallery? - Visokio Forums
Scripting: Examples from D3.js Gallery?
  •        daniel April 23, 2014 9:13AM
    Does anyone have examples where they have integrated D3.js visualisations into Omniscope?

https://github.com/mbostock/d3/wiki/Gallery
  • 4 Comments
  •     Bart April 23, 2014 9:30AM
    Hi Daniel,

Please have a look into the file attached.

Regards
    Attachments
    tadpoles.iok 10K
  •        daniel April 23, 2014 9:41AM
    Thanks Bart

Just a wider question, do you know if other forms of javascript libraries are compatible with the Omniscope content view i.e. processing.js?

http://processingjs.org/articles/p5QuickStart.html

Do you have any recommendations for libraries to give a go?

•     Bart April 24, 2014 9:15AM
    Hi Daniel,

To be honest I don't know. I did quite a lot of things in content view but I am not a javascript person. Luckily I did manage to built all views which I needed in there (from all sorts of pictures through dynamic tables and other random things) by using "Uncle Google" and some help of developers. But unfortunately I am not able to give you any recommendations... Sorry.

•     michael April 28, 2014 5:43AM
    Hi Daniel,

If you switch the Content view to "Tools->Other->Use native browser" in the local view menu then an embedded browser will be used to show the content.

In this native browser mode, you can also use any JS libraries (or any other resources such as .css, images, etc.) which are hosted elsewhere on the Internet. But displaying remote-hosted visualisations means you'll need to be online all the time.

Another thing is that each time you change the data-set in the Omniscope, e.g. if you filter the local data set, the remote-hosted page will be simply reloaded.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership