Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Bar/Line & Graph View: Time Series with multiple lines - Visokio Forums
Bar/Line & Graph View: Time Series with multiple lines
  •     Valentina February 26, 2014 6:16AM
    Hi all,

Can someone pls give me a quick guide of how to create a time series graph with multiple lines?
    It seems that there a is an explanation in the website but it refers to the old version of Visokio so it's not very helpful.
    Thanks in advance
  • 4 Comments
  •     paola February 26, 2014 6:33AM
    Please see the demo file attached, then make sure your date field is formatted as Date/time (use Field Organiser block in the DataManager workspace) or, alternatively,
    Data>Manage fields if needed.

Your Split menu choice will be Date field (exact date/time or month),
    the Measures should be value fields e.g. sales, clicks etc, and
    your Layer choice will be either a measure or category field (e.g. salesperson, campaign).

In the Measure menu you can select which function to apply to each value field (sum, mean etc),
    which scale to use (left, right, hidden),
    plus which measures to be represented with lines or bars.

You can experiment by changing the Preset options (all lines, lines on bars, markers on bars...).
    Colour menu offers number of options to colour the lines /bars.

•     Valentina February 26, 2014 7:16AM
    Hi
    Thanks a lot for the quick reply. However that's not exactly what I meant.
    I want to plot something similar to this: http://www.visokio.com/display-time-series.
    However I can't apply it in the new version of visokio since some features are changed.
  •     paola February 26, 2014 7:46AM
    It is possible to create similar effect by using the Graph view - see the new demo.
    On the X scale choose a Date field, for Y the value field, connect on category field.
    There are multiple colouring, marker, line, stats options, so please clarify which particular features you're after or what was missing from the previous demo...
  •     tjbate February 26, 2014 8:15AM
    Valentina

Also please have a look at the 'Bond Prices' demo file installed with Omniscope

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership