Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Outputs: Publishing to Excel 2003 - fonts issue? - Visokio Forums
Outputs: Publishing to Excel 2003 - fonts issue?
  • Barcl December 19, 2013 10:53AM
    Omniscope Server 2.8 b1185
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 - Server Pack 2
    Microsoft Office Excel 2003 (11.8169.8172) SP3

Can you suggest what to do to resume working?

Thanks
  • 12 Comments
  •     paola December 20, 2013 6:52AM
    The error message indicates some kind of font conflict and we would need to see the file... Can you please try to change the writer (switch between Omniscope and Excel), also make sure you tick the .xls export option for older version of Excel on your machine.
    If you are still getting this issue, please send the file, or just data sample in the same format, to support at Visokio .com address and we'll look into it.
  • Barcl December 20, 2013 12:53PM
    If I select the Omniscope writer the problem, obviously disappear.
    But I believe that using the Omniscope writer the excel file I get is somewhat different.
    May be I wrong but some columns have different settings using the Omniscope writer and this cause me problems working on the excel file.
    I'm sending you the file attached to this message
    Thank you for your support
    Attachments
    BOL_Cinema_Data_V1.iok 497K
  • Barcl January 7, 2014 6:18AM
    Any update on this problem?
    We are unable to produce files in the proper format and this is critical for many reasons.
    Would you please give priority to this problem?
    Thanks
  •     chris January 7, 2014 7:01AM
    Hi Claudio,

I have a few questions/requests:

• Does this error only occur in the "SoggettoRichedente" block?
    • Can you enable "Settings>Advanced>Error handling>Report recognised errors as bugs. Can you then repeat this error and then send a bug report.
    • In order to attempt to reproduce this problem we may need access to the data. Could you convert the block above (OrgSoggRichie2) to a snapshot. You can do this by selecting the block tools (spanner icon) and selecting "Replace with snapshot". After doing this please save the file and send it to me privately (support@visokio.com). Please put "FAO Chris" in the header.

Regards

Chris
  •     chris January 9, 2014 12:26PM
    Hi,

Thanks for sending us the file. We are investigating this issue and will get back to you tomorrow.

Regards

Chris
  •     chris January 10, 2014 9:45AM
    Hi,

Unfortunately I have been unable to reproduce this issue. I was able to export to Excel using the "Microsoft" writer. If your still having problems with this would it be possible to arrange a phone call/screen share? Please let me know a convenient day/time.

Regards

Chris
  • Barcl September 11, 2014 12:51PM
    Hi
    I have the same problem again
    I have a file that work well and another, quite similar, that do not work
    In the same machine in the same moment.
    Could you please help?

Thanks.
  •     paola September 11, 2014 1:15PM
    Can you please email us the file that you're having problems with? (support at visokio com)
  •     paola September 12, 2014 11:46AM
    Thanks for sending the two files over - we tried export to Excel from both, using Omniscope and Excel as readers, and could not reproduce the issue.
    You said you could get the export to work with Omniscope reader, so you should continue to use that option.
    Text of the file contains characters that are non-standard e.g. "è una nuova società", but the fact that you managed to export from one file will rule out this as a possible cause of the problem.
  • Barcl September 19, 2014 2:10PM
    Paola
    There are many difference between the output produced by the omniscope writer versus the excel writer.
    Many columns are formatted in different way (alinement, data type and so on).
    I would prefer to use the excel writer if you can help to identify the reason for that error
    May I send you some log to investigate?
    Thanks
  •     paola September 19, 2014 2:14PM
    Could you please download the latest build of Omniscope, then try again. If the issue is there, please send a one-line error report from the file where the problem is.
    (Help>error reporting)
    Thanks
  • Barcl September 29, 2014 6:30AM
    Good morning Paola

Omniscope was already updated to the latest version available
    I have reproduced the error and sent it with the standard procedure
    http://services.visokio.com/bugs/public/index.cfm?userBugID=30387

I would like to inform you that in the same IOK file I have added other outputs to excel file and they works. But those files do not contains "non standard" characters so I believe that the problems is related to the quality of the data being exported.
    :)

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged