Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Details Popups: drill-down disappears after creating a new field - Visokio Forums
Details Popups: drill-down disappears after creating a new field
  •     johnr63 December 10, 2013 8:31AM
    Everytime I create a new field in the DataManager workspace, my drill-down in other tabs disappear. Is there a setting to stop this from happening?
  • 3 Comments
  •     paola December 10, 2013 9:15AM
    Hi John, addition of a new field in DataManager should not affect filters and settings on your DataExplorer tabs. Please do send us a file (can be just a sample with dummy data) so we can see what happens. You can always update your Omniscope edition to the latest version.
  •     johnr63 December 10, 2013 9:42AM
    Hi Paola,

Apologies, my first post was not very clear. What I was trying to explain was:

1/ I setup a drill-down on a tab by clicking on the Add View menu and clicking the 2 overlaid squares (right of the hand) of the Table View.

2/ This then brings up a table where I can select which columns I want and then I close it.

3/ Then back in the tab say I right click a bar of a bar chart I can select show details (this is what I call drill-down). This brings up the columns which I had selected in part 2/ above.

4/ Now if I alter any of the table views in that tab then, whatever columns were selected for that table is reflected when I attempt to drill-down into further details.

So what I would like to know is if there is a setting that when making changes to a table it does not clear the columns setup for the drill-down or is there another way to set the drill-down?

Thanks in advance,
    John

•     paola December 10, 2013 10:50AM
    If you have multiple Table Views in the tab where you use the details table pop-up, please make sure that you set the pop-up field list last.
    Alternatively go back and set the field list for the pop-up again, after making the changes to the individual Table views.
    That will enable you to have different number of fields in all the tables.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership