Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Map view navigation - Visokio Forums
Idea: Map view navigation
  • VoteVote Up2Vote Down     ygulla April 25, 2013 10:06AM
    I'd like to see a more intuitive navigation in map view. The current system that requires switching between different modes is rather cumbersome and cofuses end users.
    Generally speaking, I suggest making it similar to Google maps. More specifically key functionality should be:

- Mouse wheel can be used to zoom in and out of the map. The screen moves proportionately to cursor position.
    - Clicking on a node selects it
    - Dragging the map is interpreted a panning
    - Dragging with Shift pressed is interpreted as rectangular/lasso selection depending on settings. This behaviour can be seen in Bing maps
    - If the map is in focus, arrows can be used to pan it
    - There should be an option to show an overlay navigation menu. This should be set at the report creation stage.
    The overlay should include zoom level, panning arrows, zoom to fit data and zoom to fit map buttons. Current Navigator isn't as easy to use, takes quite a lot of space and cannot be opened by default. (Earlier version Omnicope screenshots suggests that this was implemented before?)
    - Hover graph should be shown regardless of other settings (currently it doesn't work in pan mode)

Note: I'm basing this on my experience in 2.7. I had a quick look in 2.8 and it seems to be still the same.
    Attachments
    Overlay.JPG 17K
  • 2 Comments
  •     chris April 25, 2013 10:15AM
    Hi Yuri,

Thanks for the feedback. These are all great points. Can you download the latest version of Omniscope 2.8 (b827). If you change to the "Pan" mode you can use the left-mouse-button to pan and the right mouse button to zoom, meaning you don't have to constantly switch between the pan and zoom modes. We have also added mouse wheel zoom support.

We will evaluate your other ideas.
  •     ygulla April 25, 2013 10:22AM
    Thanks - that actually makes it much more user friendly. Will check the latest version next time I post a discussion (hopefully the other one is sorted out already as well)!

UPDATE: the only real problem with 2.8 b827 pan mode for me is that the hover graphs don't work

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership