Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Map View - Making legends dynamic? - Visokio Forums
Idea: Map View - Making legends dynamic?
  • VoteVote Up1Vote Down     grahamb March 20, 2013 5:02AM
    I noticed the legends on charts, etc., are not linked to the data. Any plans to do this as a quick filter? This would be good on a map where the legend would need to show categories and colour blocks for all layers, and being able to use those for filtering would be excellent.

Also, for map legends, these need to auto build in the map view with full customisation options, and when output, embed the legend into the map image as a merged image, based on the location of where the legend is positioned in the map view.
  • 3 Comments
  •     tjbate March 20, 2013 6:21AM
    Graham: In general, many dynamic elements can be positioned anywhere on the tab using any number of separate Device Views and Content Views...each of which can be sized to fit any space. Filtering and brushing/fading operate across all Views, so each View does not have to be stand-alone...

At the moment, however, everything to do with Overlays is only accessible from the Map View...
  •     grahamb March 20, 2013 6:41AM
    True, but even on the map legend - Key - you cannot click on the elements to highlight the data. I cannot see how to create a web page of a map with the legend embedded. Or am I missing something?
  •     tjbate March 20, 2013 6:46AM
    No, you are not missing something...at the moment only the Sidebar is associated with a Map View when deployed as HTML/JS to browsers...

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged