Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Sources: Deriving data/renaming PDF document images? - Visokio Forums
Sources: Deriving data/renaming PDF document images?
  •     sherriff March 2, 2013 10:40AM
    We would like to be able to process an incoming stream of image files (mostly pdf): viewing each in turn and generating a filename composed of key data items extracted visually from the image (client name, date, other attributes, values etc) which are then also recorded as metadata. Then save the file with the new filename so that it can be accessed from a url type link.

Any suggestions as to how to do this?
  • 5 Comments
  •     steve March 3, 2013 8:55AM
    I would use "Import folder of files/media", configured for "Filename tags" and "Media tags". In the filename tags, use something like "[Name]-[NewField1]-[NewField2]" where [] is an insert field. This will create fields for the filename tags and embedded media tags (for jpg; media tags not supported/relevant for pdf). Use a tile or web view to view and a table view to populate. The "Apply tags to files".
  •     sherriff March 3, 2013 1:44PM
    Thanks. Two questions:

1. Where do I find: "Apply tags to files" ?
    2. Is there a way to assist populating the fields using drop down menus of pre-filled data?
  •     steve March 4, 2013 5:06AM
    1. "File > Export > Apply tags to file", when you've imported using "File > Open folder of files/media".

2. You mean something like an "Autocomplete" table cell editing feature, I think. No - please post separately as an Idea.
  •     sherriff March 4, 2013 6:09AM
    Re: 1. This is working now thanks.

Followup question: We would like to preserve the original Filename in the amended filename but at the end of a sequence of tags not at the beginning as seems to be the unchangeable default right now (probably just due to my current level of incompetence). Any suggestions?
  •     steve March 5, 2013 4:46AM
    Cut and paste in Table view?

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership