Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Dates/Times: organising weekly data by Mondays? - Visokio Forums
Dates/Times: organising weekly data by Mondays?
  • peraltar February 7, 2013 11:00AM
    Hi - I want to have Omniscope organize the data by each monday of every week so that all days after the monday are calculated in their corresponding measures. My reports need to be organized in this way for weekly summaries. Any idea how to do this?

Thanks, Peralta
  • 2 Comments
  •     tjbate February 7, 2013 11:48AM
    Rodaan - Not really sure we understand...best to post some example data?

Make sure that your data includes a Date/Time column/field that is properly data-typed as a Date/Time field. You can then duplicate this column twice and format one new column to show only the week number {w}, and the other only the day of the week {EEEE}, as explained here:

http://www.visokio.com/dates-and-times

If the duplicate fields are properly typed as Date/Time, they should naturally sort in order, by week with the Monday of each week first (unless your locale setting says Monday is not the first day of the week... it is not considered the first day everywhere).

Is it the case that you are trying to normalise the weekly row sets, so that values for each day after the Monday are displayed as a proportion of the previous Monday value? If so, you will need to use SUBSET functions keyed to the duplicate fields [Week number] and [DayofWeek].

You can also use yet another duplicate of your Date/Time field data-typed as Text/Category to create checkbox filters by week number and day of week.

Duplicating columns/fields and data-typing and display formatting them all differently is good practice in Omniscope.
  • peraltar February 7, 2013 12:54PM
    What I mean is that I if say the data is listed as so:
    Say date is formatted MM-dd-yyyy

Date Cash
    02/03/2013 200
    02/06/2013 300
    02/01/2013 50
    02/07/2013 5

I want the data so show up such that is it aggregated to every Monday which in these past two weeks are 01/28/2013 and 02/04/2013 so in the report it will look like this:

Week Of: Total Cash
    01/28/2013 250
    02/04/2013 305

Do you know how I can do this?

Thanks,
    Peralta

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership