Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Security: Restricting access for certain users? - Visokio Forums
Security: Restricting access for certain users?
  •     shaji_o November 1, 2012 12:55AM
    I'm setting up a dashboard that will viewed by our client and another agency that our client deal with. Our client will, of course, be able to see all the data. However the other agency are only allowed to see a subset of the data

When setting up logins to Omniscope Webstart, is there a way to apply universal filters for certain users so that the other agency can only access the data they are allowed to? or is the safest way to do this is to set up 2 separate Omniscope files? I'd prefer the first option as it requires less work from my end
  • 6 Comments
  • antonio     antonio November 1, 2012 6:41AM
    Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment and you have to use 2 different files.
    There is a similar idea posted on the forum here, please vote for it to increase the chance of being implemented.
  •     tjbate November 1, 2012 8:18AM
    Shaji - If you use a Batch Control IOK file, you can specify the same template for the Report IOK file, but different tabs, rows and columns in the files intended for both groups. There is no extra work other than the second entry in the Batch Control IOK file to create two 'personalised' versions of the Report IOK file, each of which can then be automatically deployed all different ways, including Web Start.
  •     shaji_o November 6, 2012 8:47PM
    @tjbate - are you saying I should have 2 iok files that are exactly the same except one has an additional filter applied to it?
  •     tjbate November 7, 2012 10:13AM
    Shaji - Not exactly. The Batch Control IOK file allows you to define rows/columns to be filtered out of a Master Report IOK for each recipient just at delivery time....creating a different, personalised version of the outgoing file per recipient each time the file is sent, but centrally there is only one Master copy of the Report IOK file to maintain and improve.
  •     shaji_o November 8, 2012 12:16AM
    That's exactly what I'm after. Is there tutorial/step by step process which outlines how to create this 'Batch Control' iok file, with additional filters
  •     tjbate November 8, 2012 11:45AM
    Shaji- Of course, it is one of the video tutorials on our tutorials page:
    http://tc.visokio.com/videos/?name=DataManagerBatchOutput&title=Batch&lang=gb

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership