Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Sparklines- colouring by single row? - Visokio Forums
Idea: Sparklines- colouring by single row?
  • VoteVote Up0Vote Down     dszl136154 June 29, 2012 8:56AM
    Is it possible?
  • 7 Comments
  •     indranildatta June 29, 2012 9:06AM
    Hi Darek,

Do you mean colouring by a single field?

This is available in the Table View under the Colour By menu.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!
    Indranil
    Indranil Datta
    Invizua Limited - www.invizua.com - Dedicated to Media, Marketing Services and Market Research Organisations
    M: +44 7956 470 046 | E: indranil.datta@invizua.com | Skype: indranildatta1 | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/indranildatta | Twitter: @indranildatta

Address: Studio 6, 36-42 New Inn Yard, London EC2A 3EY
  •     dszl136154 June 29, 2012 9:09AM
    Hi Indranil,

Colouring by single field means colouring by single column which is fine.
    I would like to colour by a single row.

Thanks
  •     tjbate June 29, 2012 9:11AM
    Dariusz - You will need to explain in more detail....how can other rows be colored based on the model of a single row only...do you mean that all duplicate rows or matching sets of rows in the Table View would be coloured the same?
  •     dszl136154 June 29, 2012 9:23AM
    I want to colour by a row. So for example the highest value in a row (not in a column) gets the darkest/lightes colour. Please let me know if this makes sense.

Thanks,
    Darek
  •     dszl136154 June 29, 2012 9:27AM
    This is my data Table View (see attached)
    Colouring by a single column doesn't make sense here because I wont to see how metrics perform over the months which can be visible by colouring by a single row.image
    Attachments
    Dashboard.PNG 251K
  •     tjbate July 4, 2012 2:48PM
    Dariusz - Not in the Table View....colouring in the Table View is based on columns/fields setting, with row-by-row variation settings to aid legibility/visibility vertically, not horizontally. More powerful conditional formatting options are available in HTML table layouts in the Content View.

The tab/page layout with horizontal timeslice orientation you are working with in this file may have been specified as a data delivery format to facilitate re-use, but horizontal rows of numbers are not easy to follow visually.

What you are looking for is something like 'sparklines', small horizontal lines that show the ups and downs in the horizontal time series row values, which are much more understandable than scanning horizontally across rows of figures, coloured or not.
  •     tjbate July 4, 2012 2:50PM

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged