Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Database connections: SQL Server and Omniscope 2.7.350 - Visokio Forums
Database connections: SQL Server and Omniscope 2.7.350
  • aknotts     aknotts May 24, 2012 11:47AM
    I have been using SQL Server databases as inputs and outputs to DataManager blocks with no problems at all. I upgraded to 2.7b350 today and the DataManagers I have with SQL Server connections inside will no longer connect. In 2.6, by default when you add a data block, set it to SQL Server it sets the port to 1443 (in 2.7 it leaves it at 0). I set the connection parameters exactly the same as I do in 2.6 and I cannot connect to the server let alone get to the database. Has anything fundamentally changed with the database block in DataManager?

Thanks, Andy
  • 7 Comments
  •     chris May 24, 2012 12:24PM
    Hi Andrew,

I'm not aware of any issues with the database connectivity in that version.

Can you provide me with the following:

A screenshot of your Database configuration panel.

A screenshot of the error message.

Thanks
  • aknotts     aknotts May 24, 2012 1:22PM
    Hi Chris

PPT attached with some screens in it. Happy to do a screen share tomorrow if you want to see it first hand!

Andy
    Attachments
    sql error.pptx 154K
  •        daniel May 25, 2012 3:51AM
    Your old 2.6 connection uses port 1433 not 1443. Is that the problem perhaps?
  •     chris May 25, 2012 4:40AM
    Hi,

Yes 1433 is the default port for SQL server. Please try changing it and see if that works. It appears that there is a bug where the port number is not automatically populating with the default. We will fix this immediately.
  • aknotts     aknotts May 25, 2012 4:56AM
    Daniel/Chris! Thanks for this - finger trouble typing the port name in!!! Absolutely should have been 1433 not 1443!!

Thanks

Andy
  •     chris May 25, 2012 5:28AM
    We've put the fix in for this, which will be available in tonight's Omniscope 2.7 release (b352).

Glad you managed to resolve this, and thanks for your help Daniel!
  • aknotts     aknotts May 28, 2012 1:01PM
    Downloaded b352 - all working a treat - thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged