Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Pie Chart Colors - Visokio Forums
Pie Chart Colors
  •     TomRiggs May 21, 2012 3:41PM
    I would like to know how to specify the coloring of the slices within a Pie Chart view like I can with the Bar Chart.
  • 6 Comments
  •     steve May 22, 2012 1:47AM
    Visit "Data > Manage fields", locate the field whose values account for the pie segments, choose "Options > Value colours, orders and shapes".
  •     TomRiggs May 22, 2012 8:02AM
    I have set that up using the "Fit to data" behavior for the field that makes up the values in my pie chart. However, the pie chart colors remain the same. When using that option for bar colors you have to select the "Bar Colors" option in the tools menu but there is no option like that for the pie chart. Is there something else I am missing?
  •     steve May 22, 2012 9:08AM
    Please post a sample file.
  •     TomRiggs May 22, 2012 9:18AM
    Here is the file.
  •     tjbate May 22, 2012 12:56PM
    Tom- The field you are using to split the Pie View is data-typed a discrete Text/Category field...you can specify the exact colours for each value/pie wedge as explained by Steve above, from Data > Manage fields > Options

Other colour options like 'fit to values' are used for continuous data types, e.g. Numerics and Dates/Times. These colour settings have no effect on fields typed as discrete Text/Category.
  •     TomRiggs May 22, 2012 2:30PM
    WOW, I am so sorry I was being rather obtuse. I finally took a break and came back and read it. I was trying to color the values not the split. Thanks for your time and patience.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged