Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Scheduler: Running 3 Schedulers..port unavailable? - Visokio Forums
Scheduler: Running 3 Schedulers..port unavailable?
  •     michael May 21, 2012 9:06AM
    If you have a message "Port unavailable" in Scheduler, then some other application must be running and using this port. If you want to check which process is using your port, please, run following command from command window (CMD.exe):

netstat -ano > 1.txt

You'll get 1.txt text file in current directory. Open it with Notepad, you should find a line with your port number, e.g. if I want to find which process is using port :80 :

Active Connections

Proto Local Address Foreign Address State PID
    ..................................................................................................................................................................
    ..................................................................................................................................................................

TCP 0.0.0.0:80 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 1564

Remember PID number (e.g., for me it is 1564), then run following command:

tasklist > 2.txt

You'll get 2.txt text file in current directory. Open it with Notepad. Find a line with PID from the first file (for me it was 1564).

Image Name PID Session Name Session# Mem Usage
    ========================= ======== ================ =========== ============
    System Idle Process 0 Services 0 24 K

httpd.exe 1564 Services 0 11,520 K

So I found that on my computer port :80 is opened with httpd.exe process.
  • 10 Comments
  • Alexander     Alexander May 29, 2012 11:00AM
    Hi Michael,

The port I want to use for the scheduler is not in the 1.txt list. So should I be able to use it? Hope you can help... I have now multiple schedulers on 1 port, that means I need to shut down one before I can start the other one.

Thanks!

Alexander
  •     michael May 29, 2012 12:21PM
    Hi Alexander,

You should have different ports for concurrent schedulers, ports shouldn't be the same.
    When you start the first scheduler it occupies some port and you cannot run the second scheduler on the same port.
  • Alexander     Alexander May 29, 2012 12:29PM
    I realise that. The problem is that I have my first scheduler running on 24680, the second on 24684. What port should I choose for the third? I'm not able to guess a port that works(Tried several numbers). There should be ports available, but I cannot find them.
  • Alexander     Alexander May 29, 2012 12:43PM
    Michael,

Is it correct that I only have to modify the config.xml for changing the port? Or do I have to change it somewhere else as well? Maybe screen sharing can clarify the situation.
  • Alexander     Alexander May 29, 2012 12:50PM
    Extra info: I just found that the when I have set the port as follows:
    Scheduler 1: port:24680
    Scheduler 2: port:24682
    Scheduler 3: port:24684

I can start all schedulers indepent. But as soon as I want to start the third scheduler I get the error: Port unavailable for EntServer.

Is this info useful?
  •     michael May 29, 2012 1:46PM
    Can you try to increment or decrement port numbers?

If your 24681, 24682, 24683 doesn't work, can you check:
    1) that if you change port number from the scheduler dialogue window that you restart the scheduler after this;
    2) that your firewall doesn't block those port numbers?
  • Alexander     Alexander May 29, 2012 1:50PM
    Can we call? I would like to show the situation.
  •     michael May 30, 2012 5:23AM
    Following our yesterday remote desktop session I managed to reproduce the issue in my environment - couldn't run third scheduler.
  •     michael May 30, 2012 8:15AM
    The issue has been fixed in today's build 2.7-rc b353.
  • Alexander     Alexander May 30, 2012 8:16AM
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership