Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Scheduler - Starting times to update/publish output? - Visokio Forums
Idea: Scheduler - Starting times to update/publish output?
  • VoteVote Up0Vote Down     naruemon April 18, 2012 10:21PM
    We have many tables which require to be updated once a day in IOK file from our database. Can we define the specific starting time (for each interval) to update and publish data, it will be helpful that we can define the time to be executed to avoid the peak load hour on the DB.

Then, we can schedule and control the updated time for each table to avoid the congestion?
  • 3 Comments
  •     steve April 20, 2012 11:03AM
    If you are using the Omniscope Scheduler, you can do this.
  •     naruemon April 24, 2012 5:34AM
    In IOK file, it has many tables imported from DB (whole table) and some database blocks imported only newly added/updated records.

For the database blocks which will fetch the whole table, I would like to schedule them to run once a day/week to prevent overload on the DB server and the network.
    Some data blocks which will fetch only newly added/updated records, I would like to schedule them to run every one hours.
    In the update option, there has the option which we can set the schedule to run every hour.

But we can not set the startup time, so we could not know exactly when the database block will be updated. I think it might be useful if we can expect the time which each database blocked will be updated. Then, we can schedule to update data during the time that database has very low access.
  •     steve April 25, 2012 9:43AM
    Summary of this idea: in the DataManager block "Update options" dialog, have another option to specify "At specific time(s) of day".

(but if you have a Server license, I would advise using the Scheduler to configure whatever update intervals you need, using interim IOK files to separate the different data sources with different refresh intervals/times).

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership