Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
.iok files as input blocks - Visokio Forums
.iok files as input blocks
  •     schergr March 26, 2012 12:10PM
    When you are using .IOK files as input data blocks to a model, is it possible to force the underlying data set in those models to update from within the current model, or do you need to enter each .iok, update it, then update the downstream model afterward?
  • 5 Comments
  •     steve March 26, 2012 12:28PM
    Yes. There's an option in the block menu which allows you to override and force a nested refresh.
  •     schergr March 26, 2012 12:32PM
    I don't see any option in the block menus, but I did come across a global setting by clicking "Show Automatic Refresh Menu" that is called refresh by reloading .IOK file. Is that it? Is it the "force update, even if source has not changed" option". Nothing I can *see* references a nested refresh.
  •     steve March 26, 2012 2:29PM
    If I understand correctly, you have a "source.iok" block sitting in your "master.iok" file DataManager workspace, and "source.iok" itself has some DataManager model. When you refresh the data in "master.iok", before loading the latest data encapsulated in "source.iok", you want "source.iok" to refresh from its (nested) model and sources?
  •     schergr March 26, 2012 10:23PM
    Correct.
  •     steve March 27, 2012 6:46AM
    My mistake. The correct option is as follows.

Open "master.iok". Expand the block for "source.iok". In Advanced Options, change "Data refresh" to "Forced refresh".

Also click the block options menu for "source.iok" and choose "Update options".
    In the dialog, choose "Scheduled" and tick the "Force update, even if source has not changed". This ensures that Omniscope attempts to refresh the source block even if "source.iok" file itself hasn't changed (which it won't have).

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership