Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Content View Cell coloring and merging - Visokio Forums
Content View Cell coloring and merging
  • VoteVote Up0Vote Down     rajeshbalu29 February 10, 2012 9:13AM
    Hi all,
    Can you have the below attached snapshot version for which I have modified the HTML code in the backend for merging the multiple rows and columns. Coloring the whole cell would also be helpful rather having a highlighter for the fonts.
    Please find the attached snapshot for which I have modified in the html backend code for merging and coloring the cells.
    As per my HTML attached, I have highlighted the entire box. Rather than using the highlight button in the menu this only highlights a portion of the box. Please change the button to highlight the entire box, matching this manually created HTML. Also you can create the multiple column / Row merging as per my highlighted HTML colde.
    Please let you know your thoughts on this.

Regards
    Rajesh
  • 9 Comments
  •     steve February 11, 2012 2:34AM
    Rajesh, I'm not sure exactly what you mean. In the JPG, for example the entire "Completed" cell is coloured grey. Can you show an example of what you are getting, and what you want to get?
  •     rajeshbalu29 February 16, 2012 11:55PM
    Steve, I was trying to explain if you look at the output of modified content view.jpg which has all cells colored completed but in the above button "Highlight Color" just highlights the fonts but we need it to be filling the whole cell which would be helpful for our reporting conditions. and moreover if you look at the same snapshot "Weekly Problem Staging Dashboard" I have manually merged the cells as we dont have an option of merging more than 2 cells and if you look at the cells "Completed", "Total", "KPI" I have merged vertically.
    So can you please help us with having these options in the main button. Please refer to the HTML Code which I have manually editted for merging ("Colspan" & "Rowspan") and for filling the cell color i used bgcolor option in the td class. Please let me know if you have any further clarifications.
  •     steve February 17, 2012 2:07AM
    Understood. To summarise this Content View idea:

• Allow dynamically colouring entire table cell background using rules/formula, as you can for text foreground
    • Menu commands to merge more than 2 cells, e.g. 3 rows
  •     rajeshbalu29 February 17, 2012 4:54AM
    Yes thats right
  •     rajeshbalu29 February 17, 2012 4:54AM
    so could you please let me know if this could be done in our next build...?
  •     tjbate February 17, 2012 5:22AM
    Rajesh - Version 2.7 beta is now feature-frozen so no new features (even good ones like this one) can be added to version 2.7.

Version 2.8 alpha will not be available immediately because a raft of very low-level memory use and speed/performance improvements will be added and tested, potentially making 2.8 alpha too risky for production reporting use for about a month.
  •     bgrovens February 23, 2012 9:50AM
    Thomas,

Can you advise of the time tables for this? 2.7 beta just became available. Are we looking at +6 months for 2.8 beta? I am just trying to set realistic expectations for our internal clients.

Thanks,
    Brian
  •     steve February 23, 2012 10:22AM
    We expect to begin development on 2.8 shortly, which will become available to alpha partners. 2.8 will is planned to be in beta around mid to late summer.
  •     bgrovens February 27, 2012 10:08AM
    Great, thanks Steve.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership