Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Connector: Facilitate Digital (2.7+) - Visokio Forums
Connector: Facilitate Digital (2.7+)
  •     chris February 9, 2012 12:47PM
    We have now introduced a connector to Facilitate Digital.

For more information on Facilitate Digital please visit
    http://www.facilitatedigital.com/

The Connector is available in the latest release of Omniscope 2.7. At the moment we have classified it as an experimental features. To see the connector you will need to select "Settings>Advanced>Show experimental features".

The Connector is available in the Feeds section in DataManager, and by selecting "File>Open feed>Facilitate Digital".

At the moment the connector is fairly basic, and allows you to choose an Agency, Advertiser, Campaign, report template, title and date range. Please let us know if you have any additional requirements. For new requirements we may be able to implement them using the existing API, or we may need to speak to Facilitate about implementing the functionality with their API.

Also, please let us know if you encounter any problems using the connector or have any questions.

Chris
  • 10 Comments
  •     Mindmaniac February 14, 2012 10:01AM
    Hey Chris...When accessing the Facilitate feed i am not able to select any agency? Actually this account connected owns the max of access right. Can you please help?
    Cheers, Thomas
    Attachments
    fac_omn.pptx 264K
  •     chris February 14, 2012 11:22AM
    Hi Thomas,
    I haven't seen this issue myself. With the username/password we were provided I was able to select an agency. It looks like this is something I may need to discuss with you over the phone. As Steve mentioned I am out of the office at the moment. I may be back in again on Thursday, or next week. In any case I will send you an email to arrange a phone call/join.me screensharing session.

Chris
  •     chris February 21, 2012 4:28AM
    Thomas,

I've sent you an email.
  •     Maty February 22, 2012 3:42AM
    Hey Chris!
    I would like to participate in development of the FFA connector. I need a couple of additional metrics. I see that you and Thomas want to arrane a phone call. Thomas is my colleague, I could participate to you session to describe my requirements.
  •     chris February 22, 2012 3:59AM
    Hi Maty,
    Unfortunately there is no way for us to change the metrics in the Facilitate connector. In order for this to happen Facilitate would need to change their API. Ideally we would like to be able to choose from a series of pre-defined reports or select the dimensions/metrics ourselves. I am more than happy to discuss this via a phone call, however it may also be useful to speak directly to Facilitate about this, and ask them whether it is possible for them to add this to their API.
  • alexandervolk     alexandervolk March 1, 2012 6:06AM
    Hi Chris...Can you change the connector's output structure without Facilitate having to change their API? Currently, the most important metrics are pivoted the wrong way around in three fields: metric ID, metric title, metric value.

What we need would be for "metric title" to be individual fields per title, and the "metric value" displayed within that field.

Thanks! Alex
  •     chris March 1, 2012 7:51AM
    Hi Alexander...Yes, we can change the Facilitate output structure. Would it be possible to provide a sample file with the column structure you would like?
  • alexandervolk     alexandervolk March 7, 2012 6:24AM
    Hi Chris,

please see a template attached. I also provided this to Florian Schwarz at FFA.

Thanks!
  •     chris April 18, 2012 6:31AM
    Hi....To provide you with an update on this and other Facilitate connector work, all development and new features are currently on hold. We are waiting for Facilitate to make changes to their API. We will let you know when there is any progress.
  •     chris September 18, 2012 8:55AM
    The Facilitate connector currently uses a basic Facilitate API. This recently stopped working and we had to disable it, however it should be available again shortly.

Facilitate also provide a more advanced API which we were hoping to incorporate. Originally we were unable to use this API due to compatibility problems with the API and Java (the software Omniscope runs on). Facilitate have made changes to their API which now means we can use it, however unfortunately the size of this API and it's associated libraries (~30MB) means we cannot include them, as it will significantly increase the size of the Omniscope installer.

We will continue to provide the Facilitate connector in Omniscope, but will be unable to develop any new functionality unless we are able to encorporate the advanced API at some point in the future.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership