Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
How to protect and time-limit IOK files? - Visokio Forums
How to protect and time-limit IOK files?
  •     filippobe September 14, 2011 12:14PM
    Hi - I have to send a spreadsheet with approximately 700,000 rows and 20 fields to a client, but I would like to secure it first. I need to prevent data save, export, cut, copy, paste, print and any other kind of modification. Basically the client should only be able to read the data on the screen.
    I have seen that there a lot of file security options in Omniscope, but, as I am not an IT expert, I was wondering if someone of the support can help me with this. I have seen that there is also the possibility to set an expiration date. That would be great as our client is supposed to keep the file only for 2 months as trial. Please let me know Many thanks, Filippo
  • 3 Comments
  • antonio     antonio September 14, 2011 12:33PM
    Filippo -take a look here http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/comment/144/#Comment_144

Regards, Antonio
  •     filippobe September 23, 2011 6:24AM
    Hi Antonio -Thank you for your quick reply. I have seen I can't set a deadline for the file as I don't have the Server edition, anyway the lock-file function is pretty useful.
  •     tjbate June 15, 2012 12:51PM
    Filippo - We have enabled time-limiting of files from Desktop Editions...enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership