Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Batch Output: Excel document with formatting applied - Visokio Forums
Batch Output: Excel document with formatting applied
  •     adam_varney September 7, 2011 11:07AM
    I have been trying to output some data based over several different markets, where each market requires a separate excel file that has conditional formatting applied as a template.

Is it possible to batch output the file and filter it per market to the template excel file and then have it save as a different name so in the end i have a file for each market that has been filtered accordingly and the excel file has the conditional formatting in it?

I hope this makes sense and if any further clarification is required i can provide this.
  • 6 Comments
  •     chris September 7, 2011 11:50AM
    Hi,

You can do all this using the batch output block in a DataManager workflow.

In the batch output block create a new command file by clicking the "Generate command file" button. Each row in the command file represents a different output, and you can configure the template file, output file and the filtering. If you open the command file you should see instructions that should help you populate it.
  •     adam_varney September 12, 2011 10:50AM
    Hi Chris,

I started to do this process however when i try to process the batch output i get an error message saying no worksheet selected and i cannot see a field to input the location for worksheets in the configuration file.

Any help on this issue would be great thanks

Adam
  •     steve September 12, 2011 11:07AM
    Adam, can you configure an IOK file backed by the Excel file, instead of an Excel file directly, in the batch command file?
  •     adam_varney September 12, 2011 11:20AM
    Hi Steve,

I have just started learning omni scope so i don't quite understand what this is could you explain it further

Thanks

Adam
  •     steve September 12, 2011 12:30PM
    Sorry, Adam - I've re-read your original post and I'm not sure our first reply covers everything you asked.

We don't currently support injecting new data into an existing Excel file, preserving formatting (such as conditional formatting). Exporting to an Excel file using DataManager will preserve other worksheets within the XLS/XLSX file, but the worksheet exported will replace any worksheet of the same name with unstyled values (apart from the bold header row).

"Template" in DataManager usually refers to a template *IOK* file - i.e. an Omniscope report, with various tabs, views, filters and content, into which you inject new data. Can you use Omniscope for your reporting, rather than Excel?
  •     adam_varney September 13, 2011 6:03AM
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for replying so fast i had a feeling this would be the case so not to worry. Yes it would seem like the next best solution to do the reporting in omniscope and it is something i will discuss however i feel it is a client request for excel files it was just an idea i had.

Thanks again

Adam

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership