Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: DataManager - Multi block copy? - Visokio Forums
Idea: DataManager - Multi block copy?
  • VoteVote Up8Vote Down     TomW August 31, 2011 9:31AM
    Hi - I was wondering if there was a way to duplicate multiple operations within the DataManager. I am currently having to copy the same process 11 times and change only a few of the options within.

Thanks - Tom
  • 7 Comments
  •     chris August 31, 2011 9:42AM
    Hi,

There is currently no way to duplicate a series of operations in a workflow, however one way you could do this would be to save the workflow that you want to duplicate, then whenever you want to re-use it drag the IOK file onto your DataManager workspace and select "Import all DataManager blocks". You can repeat this process as many times as you like.
  •     chris August 31, 2011 9:44AM
    Another way to do this would be to first group the workflow into a single block by selecting the "Group upstream" option in the block tools of the last block in the workflow you want to duplicate. You can then duplicate this block and ungroup.
  •     chris August 31, 2011 9:46AM
    At the moment you can only duplicate a single block in DataManager. I've reclassified the ability to duplicate a group of blocks as an idea, so please vote if you want it implemented!
  •     TomW August 31, 2011 9:56AM
    Thank you for your quick response.

I have tried to do this previously and when I do it the imported blocks end up too far away to drag into the DataManager i.e. one is in the far top right, the other part that was the original DM in the far bottom left. Has this problem been fixed?

Many thanks
  •     chris August 31, 2011 11:13AM
    I wasn't aware of this issue. I've sent you a private email so we can investigate this further.
  •     TomW August 31, 2011 11:51AM
    I am currently having issues in terms of my email not receiving updates or your email it seems from the forum, will try to have this sorted ASAP then hopefully we can try and solve this issue
  •     chris August 31, 2011 11:53AM
    Hi,

I emailed you from my Visokio account.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership