Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Date/Time: Aggregate on date using histograms? - Visokio Forums
Date/Time: Aggregate on date using histograms?
  •     adam_varney August 22, 2011 11:21AM
    I am trying to aggregate some data based on months and total number of counts. However when trying to use the histogram function in the aggregate operation box and then selecting fixed interval size of 1 month, it is combining all of my dates as 1, with the date of "01-00-2010"?

Not sure if this is a bug or me using the histogram feature incorrectly any advice on this situation would be greatly appreciated.The end result of using the aggregate function should show me only a few months and the totals for each of them as they have not been aggregated but Summed. Regards Adam
  • 2 Comments
  •     steve August 23, 2011 3:27PM
    Update: it sounds like you're using the wrong date format pattern and are mixing minutes ('m') with months ('M').

E.g. you should use the date format "dd-MMM-yyyy HH:mm:ss" to display dates such as "01-Feb-2011 05:53:14". Upper/lowercase matters.

See here for more details:
    http://www.visokio.com/dates-and-times
  •     adam_varney August 24, 2011 5:10AM
    Yes this has sorted the issue. Thanks for the response, i thought it was a silly error like that.
    Regards,
    Adam
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership