Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Scheduler -Opening Passworded IOK Source files? - Visokio Forums
Idea: Scheduler -Opening Passworded IOK Source files?
  • VoteVote Up7Vote Down     neilmerchant August 22, 2011 9:40AM
    Hi - I am sure I am missing something but how do I build a Scheduler refresh from source using an IOK data file that has a password? I can see how to assign a password to a file but I can't see the option to open a file with a password?

Thanks, Neil
  • 8 Comments
  • oscar August 22, 2011 4:16PM
    I have many images on a ftp, I'm trying to assign each image registo. This is simple, but once you've given I have to put login and password to see each creative. I want to see all the creativities, but puttin the loging and password in one time. is this posible???
  •     steve August 23, 2011 8:41AM
    Neil, I presume you mean IOK password, rather than HTTP authentication. HTTP (server) authentication can be resolved by using Chain action.

You can't currently specify a password in File actions in the scheduler. The scheduler is designed to work with private copies of IOK files (without security measures) to which passwords and other security options are then added by the scheduler action before saving/publishing to a public location.
  •     steve August 23, 2011 8:44AM
    Oscar, please clarify - you have several images on an FTP server, and you are setting up an image set in Omniscope to access these images, using "Web" option with ftp://... URLs? If so, you can specify the username & password using the format:

ftp://username:password@domain.com/path/to/file.jpg

so typically your image set configuration would have a base URL of something like:

ftp://username:password@domain.com/path/
  •     neilmerchant August 23, 2011 8:51AM
    Hi Steve

Thanks for your reply. I understand where you are coming from but this is slightly disapointing.
    This file has the most sensitive data we hold for the company and as such even the admins on our server should have limited access.

Regards
    Neil
  •     tjbate August 23, 2011 12:19PM
    There is also another use case....clients/recipients of IOK reports submitting their updates and corrections, plus their own internal data for incorporation into the central refreshed update. Of course they would be submitting (via email or even better a file synching service like DropBox) in the most secure and compact format, IOK files. And because this data is usually very sensitive, they will be password protecting their submitted IOK files.

I have re-classified this as an idea
  •     naruemon July 5, 2012 12:46AM
    I voted for the idea to put user/password to open protected IOK file which contains sensitive data :D
  •     OmarKhan July 10, 2012 4:55AM
    Had this yet been implemented or when can we expect this by?
  •     steve July 10, 2012 8:16AM
    This has now been implemented in 2.8, available in the next few weeks.

An optional field "Password" will appear in File actions, allowing you to specify a password needed to open an IOK file for processing. The file will keep the password if your action subsequently saves it, unless you set a new password using Secure File. It's not possible to remove, only change, a password via Secure File.

Until 2.8, you must store working IOK files for the Scheduler without passwords, somewhere secure on your Server installation.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership