Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Linking Views - Visokio Forums
Linking Views
  •     davidluria August 17, 2011 6:19AM
    How do you specify the master/slave relationship between views?
  • 5 Comments
  •     steve August 17, 2011 7:34AM
    I think you mean:

Master view - Data Subset: Filtered data (this is the default)
    Slave view - Data Subset: Selected data

Select something in the master view. The slave view will show those records you selected.

A related control is "Settings > Brushing enabled". This is on by default, which mean that if you have several views in Filtered Data, and you select in one, you see a preview of that selection in the other views. If you don't want this, untick this option.
  •     davidluria August 17, 2011 9:54AM
    Excellent, thanks, Steve. But how do you define which one is the master view...or is whatever view you're using the master? Sort of like, "I'm not looking for Ms Right...just Ms Right Now." :)
  •     steve August 17, 2011 11:07AM
    Not sure I follow.

Add two views. Arrange them as you want, e.g. one above another. Each can be any type of view (pie, bar). You can give them names/titles too - "Toolbars > View Titles" - if you want to label them Master and Slave. Then configure each view's Data Subset.

Post a sample file or screenshot to help explain what you mean.
  •     davidluria August 17, 2011 11:49AM
    Thanks. Under which menu do I specify the data subset (see attached screenshot of my four views)
  •     steve August 17, 2011 12:15PM
    Data Subset. The blue circle in a grey circle.

(Hover over these collapsed buttons to see what they are, or enable Toolbars > Toolbar settings > Expanded toolbars > View toolbars.)

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership