Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Combining dates for period comparisons - Visokio Forums
Combining dates for period comparisons
  • jbsmab March 5, 2009 11:07AM
    What is the simplest/most effective way to group dates? e.g. with a field containing months, is there a way of combining months into 'year to dates' for reporting and comparison purposes in a single view? i.e. showing month and ytd side by side
  • 3 Comments
  •     steve March 5, 2009 1:06PM
    I presume you mean showing a value for "January" containing January's data, summed;
    a value for "February" showing January-February data, summed;
    a value for "March" showing January-March data, summed; etc.
    Is this right?
    What sort of visualisation do you anticipate? Do you want to filter data and see it update?
  • jbsmab March 5, 2009 1:34PM
    As an example - a single report showing the following columns of data by whatever filtering is used:(product sets, divisions etc)

A column for £ and one for customer number with the ability to perform calculations such as customer yield:
    covering:
    Month actuals
    YTD actuals
    Prior year month actuals
    Prior year YTD actuals
  •     steve March 5, 2009 7:32PM
    I'm afraid this scenario requires two features not yet present in Omniscope.

1. You need a formula function to calculate running totals, so you can calculate YTD.
    2. You need to be able to enable calculation of formulas upon the view's data subset (currently formulas are unaffected by filtering, and are calculated for all data), to enable the YTD values to update when you filter.

This has been requested by other clients, so is likely to be developed for Omniscope 2.6. If you need this feature more urgently please contact Visokio.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership