Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Filter Devices - Visokio Forums
Filter Devices
  • VoteVote Up10Vote Down     OmarKhan August 3, 2011 11:19AM
    Is there a way to apply queries to filter devices, so we can restrict the list of values according to a query (e.g. showing only brand variants for the selected brands)
  • 6 Comments
  •     tjbate August 5, 2011 2:00AM
    Omar - In short, no. Currently, Sidebar filters show row counts for all values, even when the number of records filtered IN for a given value is none. This is analagous to record 'brushing' which, when turned on in a file (the default), shows excluded records as greyed out in all other visible views.

Sidebar filters apply to all Views, whereas Named Queries can be applied to any or all Views...

In the Ideas section, you can propose in more detail exactly how you would want this to work.
  •     Wayne August 23, 2011 10:27AM
    I currently create and apply queries both on the tab view and chart views so that 'no value' options become unavailable. This is an effective though burdensome approach since it requires the programmer to recall how many, for what purpose, and where queries are currently applied on any given project. I'd settle for the 'no values' option to disappear when viewed via the Omniscope viewer rather than the full version.
  • Guy_Cuthbert        Guy_Cuthbert September 22, 2011 6:49AM
    I would go further, and vote for an option (rather than default behaviour) to hide completely (rather than just greying out) filter options which are unavailable at a given level... or at least reordering the values in a list filter so that all non-greyed values appear at the top. The current approach does make drilling down into detailed data petty tough for non-expert users e.g.

* Category (10 items) > SubCategory (100 items) > Product (1000 items)

If each Category has 10 SubCategories, and each of these has 10 products, then it should be easy for the user to see which products are included as we "drill down" by selecting a Category, and then a SubCategory, but the current approach means I may have to scroll up and down through 1000 Product values trying to spot 10 non-greyed items.. not easy.

Atheon Analytics Ltd
    w: www.atheonanalytics.com
    e: guy.cuthbert@atheon.co.uk
    t: +44 8444 145501
    m: +44 7973 550528
    s: guycuthbert
  •     steve September 27, 2011 6:45AM
    Omar, Wayne, Guy - you'll have all this and more in 2.7 very shortly.
  •     steve September 28, 2011 8:08AM
  •     steve November 10, 2011 4:18AM
    Closing as complete
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership