Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Connectors: Facebook Connector in version 2.7 - Visokio Forums
Connectors: Facebook Connector in version 2.7
  •     swallace July 6, 2011 10:09AM
    Hi there - I'm using the FB connector to pull 'Insights' data which is a great addition to Omniscope, but from what I can see it's only possible to pull summary metrics for a page/application? In FB Insights it's possible to report on the popularity (page views, etc.) of individual tabs, e.g. Wall, Photos, Events, etc. Please could someone point me in the right direction if I've missed this functionality in the connector, or if it's not available please could this be considered as an enhancement request? Many thanks, Scott.
  • 17 Comments
  •     chris July 11, 2011 12:33PM
    Hi,

The Facebook API that we use only allows us to retrieve statistics about applications, pages and domains, however there are a number of insights related to photos (page photos, page photos unique, page photos views etc.) that you can retrieve. You can also retrieve insights on other pages, for example page wall posts etc. Are these the metrics you are referring to?
  •     swallace July 12, 2011 5:32AM
    Hi Chris

Thanks for looking into this. I've attached the FB Insights product guide that outlines the metrics available via the UI (although admittedly not necessarily via the API). At the top of page 9 there's a table called 'Tab views' that lists the different tabs on the page and the associated traffic. I've been through all of the metrics available via the connector and can't find these - do you know if they're available via the API?

Many thanks

Scott.
  •     chris July 12, 2011 6:55AM
    Hi,

The link below provides a list and description of all the insights that are available in the Facebook API. Omniscope supports all of these insights, however I can't see insights for the page tab views.

http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/fql/insights/

I've also done a quick search on the internet and found any more information on this, so I think we will have to post on the Facebook developer forum and wait for a response. I'll let you know if we hear anything back.

Regards

Chris
  •     swallace July 12, 2011 7:00AM
    Great - thanks for your help Chris.
  • vlknyzc November 17, 2011 7:20PM
    Hi All,

I've just started to use omniscope today and I found it very amazing but I think there is something wrong with FB connector. I've just attached 3 screen captures about the problem I had. I tried to pull data from a FB page but the connector didn't show any page or app on dropdown menu. Is there anything that I did wrong?

One more question, is there any way to pull data from my facebook adverts page?

Best,
    Volkan.

•     chris November 18, 2011 4:17AM
    Hi Volkan,

Thanks for letting us know about this problem. We are investigating this right now.

We are planning to allow you to pull Facebook adverts data in a future release of Omniscope.
  •     chris November 18, 2011 4:54AM
    Could you let us know whether you have any pages or applications registered with your account?
  •     chris November 18, 2011 10:16AM
    Hi,

We've managed to isolate and fix this issue. The fix will in tonight's 2.6 and 2.7 Omniscope releases. Please let us know if you encounter any further problems.
  • vlknyzc November 21, 2011 4:49PM
    Hi Cris,

my facebook account: http://www.facebook.com/vlknyzc
    ex page: http://www.facebook.com/SMIRNOFFTURKEY
    I checked software update but it says there are no any updates like 2.7 or 2.6 for mac.

Thanks for your help.
    Best,
  •     chris November 22, 2011 5:22PM
    Hi,

Please go to the download page and ensure you have the latest version of Omniscope (2.7 b128).

Regards

Chris
  • vlknyzc November 23, 2011 3:30AM
    Hi Cris,

I cannot see the latest version at http://www.visokio.com/download.
    Is that the right download page?
    I attached the screen shot of the software update pop-up page and visokio.com download page.

Thanks,
    Best.
  •     chris November 23, 2011 9:29AM
    Hi,

We have updated the latest release of 2.6. If you go to the download page you should now see the most recent update (b816).
  • vlknyzc November 23, 2011 2:23PM
    Thanks Chris.
  • checkyourfuel     checkyourfuel February 1, 2012 7:45AM
    Hi,

A client just downloaded a trial of Omniscope 2.7 and is finding the Facebook connector limited in terms of metrics/dimensions available vs. via the FB Insights online.

Below are some of the measures available via FB Insights online, but not via the connector.

Lifetime Post Total Reach
    Lifetime Post Organic Reach
    Lifetime Post Paid Reach
    Lifetime Post Viral Reach
    Lifetime Post Total Impressions
    Lifetime Post Organic Impressions
    Lifetime Post Paid Impressions
    Lifetime Post Viral Impressions
    Lifetime Engaged users
    Lifetime Talking About This (Post)
    Lifetime Post stories
    Lifetime Post consumers
    Lifetime Post consumptions
    Lifetime Negative Feedback Users
    Lifetime Negative feedback from users

Most specifically, our client would like to pull the "number of likes/impressions for each post on each page over time. This is almost what the ‘wall post’ report shows, but with the restrictions I described...".

Can it be that Facebook simply does not yet make available all of its Insights data via their API?

Separately, can you give us an update on when Facebook advertising campaign data will be accessible via the connector in Omniscope?

Many thanks,
    James
    James Sandoval
    SVP & Managing Director, EMEA
    BrightTag

T: +44 7740 284 164
    E: jsandoval@brighttag.com
    Twitter: @checkyourfuel
  •     chris February 1, 2012 8:13AM
    Hi,

There are a number of impressions we are missing, and we will add these in tonights Omniscope 2.7 release.

The following page lists all the metrics available in the API:

http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/fql/insights/#page_posts

It looks like most of the requested metrics are there.
  •     chris February 1, 2012 10:51AM
    We have also removed the legacy metrics (which are due to be discontinued mid Feb).
  • checkyourfuel     checkyourfuel February 1, 2012 11:47AM
    Excellent. Many thanks.
    James Sandoval
    SVP & Managing Director, EMEA
    BrightTag

T: +44 7740 284 164
    E: jsandoval@brighttag.com
    Twitter: @checkyourfuel

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged