Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Colour Keys on Graphs - Visokio Forums
Colour Keys on Graphs
  • VoteVote Up3Vote Down        benjamin June 28, 2011 9:50AM
    Hi

I have four /five graphs on a tab.All are stacked by same field.I would like to be able to have a colour key at the bottom of the tab (I.e say in a content views ??) , instead of having a colour key at the bottom of each graph.

I.e Becasue the stack has quite a few categories ,having a key on each graph confusing the tab and i would prefer to have one main key at the bottom of the tab which is bigger and allows more easy view of the colour key.

Is there any way to do this ?

Thanks

Ben
  • 6 Comments
  •     tjbate June 28, 2011 10:38AM
    Ben - sorry, this is not currently possible...I have reclassified as an Idea. A possible workaround is the have a full-width 'invisible' Table View across the bottom with the colour key showing, but all fields/columns hidden and the view only 1 pixel high, no View Toolbar, Scrollbars on auto hide, etc. etc. If this works, then you can display just one full-width colour key at the bottom and hide the colour keys under all the other views on the tab.
  •        benjamin June 28, 2011 11:26AM
    Hi

Thanks for your comment

Im afraid i have tried this and cannot get the key colour to show when i have reduced the table size since the colour keeys gets cuts off .

I will try grouping and colouring of cells and see if that works .. doing this gets the "colour key" going vertical but i would prefer it horizotally.Is there any way to pivot a table so the grouping would appear horizontally across instead of as rows.

Ben
  •     tjbate June 28, 2011 12:30PM
    You need to show one or two blank rows in the Table View with background set to transparent and hide everything else, even change the colour of the inside view from Style. If you want to send me the file I will do it for you.
  •     steve June 28, 2011 1:24PM
    Summary of this idea: option to have have a single "shared" colour key for all views in a tab.
  •        benjamin October 5, 2011 5:02AM
    that is correct .. is this idea going to be implemented in the next omniscope addition
  •     steve October 5, 2011 11:03AM
    Ben, possibly - make sure you've voted. Workaround is to use a screenshot in a content view.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged