Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Text filtering: ANY vs ALL? - Visokio Forums
Text filtering: ANY vs ALL?
  •     gayatri June 22, 2011 10:37AM
    Hello,

I am using a filter/device for company names (my filter type is text search). I want to enable tokenised text, so that user can enter multiple company names to view their data. I am using tokenised and using a comma (,) to separate company names. But when I test it using two company names, separated by a comma then it returns 0 results. (both the companies have data available in my Table view). I also tried using a semicolon (;) but to no effect. Could someone please help me.

Thanks,
    Gayatri
  • 2 Comments
  •     tjbate June 22, 2011 2:10PM
    Gayatri - you do not need to enter delimiters like "," into the text search device if you want to search for two companies at a time. If you want users to be able to look for a series of companies by name from the text filter, you need to reveal Text Tools on the Company Name text filter drop-down and change the criteria from ALL to ANY (just click on it). You do not need to use a comma delimiter to tokenise Text, you can also use just a blank space which you enter as the specified delimiter at the time you re-type the Text Companies field to be tokenised Text.
  •     gayatri June 23, 2011 6:59AM
    Thanks a lot. It worked as desired.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership