Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Frozen filters to suppress a range of values - Visokio Forums
Frozen filters to suppress a range of values
  •     kmatrix999 June 17, 2011 11:09AM
    I have set up a generic iok file with a variety of table views for use with different data files, all of which have the same data, although some of the values in the different files will be 0 or very close to 0. When I load the data into my generic iok file some rows on the tables will show up as 0. How do I suppress the table rows when the value in a specific field is 0? And, secondly, how do I suppress table rows when the value is between 0 and 0.1? My aim is to only show the listed activities where the value (expressed in £millions) is greater than or equal to 0.1.
  • 2 Comments
  •     tjbate June 17, 2011 11:45AM
    Martyn - One way to do this is to use a 'frozen' Sidebar filter. You can use a Sidebar filter to exclude all records whose values in the given field are less than 0.1. Untick the option to show null values, and in the Sidebar filter configuration drop down, tick Freeze at the bottom. This is now a frozen screening filter in the generic template file. Resets in the file will not reveal the "frozen-out" records.

You will also encapsulate this condition in all Named Queries created in the file
  •     kmatrix999 June 17, 2011 11:49AM
    Tom

Obvious now that you point it out.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged