Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Dials - Visokio Forums
Dials
  •     kmatrix999 June 12, 2011 7:05AM
    I am using 2.6 build 650. I have 200 records in a file and want to show a value for a single measure in a single record as a dial, with the upper and lower values on the dial matching the upper and lower values of the range for that measure. The device slider shows that the range is from 0 -290. The dial however, shows the range as 0- 5,071 (the sum of the values for all 200 records). I can see that sometimes this might be useful, but it is not helpful to me.

I could just force the range value, using the current edit screen, but I want to use this file as a template for 300 others for which that forced range would no longer be appropriate and I would end up having to edit each one individually.

I must be missing the best way to do this. Is there a function that I should be applying that will automtically calibrate a dial to the highest and lowest values in the range?
  • 2 Comments
  •     kmatrix999 June 12, 2011 7:34AM
    Ok, with some more experimentation I have answered my own question. I use the value function menu and select mean. One down.

Now that I am showing the right range on the dial I want to amend the the three ranges so that they are more representative of the spread of the data- in this case 40% low, 40% medium and 20% high.

Now, I could do this by using the existing tools and edit the minimum and maximum values for each of the three ranges, but when I use this template for a different data set these values will be wrong and I will have to re- edit them.

It would be much easier for me to edit range values to reflect a percentage of the total other than the 33.3/ 33.3/ 33.3 that is your current default setting. Is this something on your to/do or development list?
  •     tjbate June 13, 2011 8:08AM
    Martyn - There is an ongoing discussion of enhancements to the Dial View zones here:

http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/comment/2602/#Comment_2602

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership