Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Is there any way to use 2 separate sidebars for 2 views in same page? - Visokio Forums
Is there any way to use 2 separate sidebars for 2 views in same page?
  • Kefsid June 2, 2011 8:11AM
    So that i ll be able to show 2010 figures and 2011 figures with pivot table at the same time...
  • 4 Comments
  •     steve June 2, 2011 10:11AM
    No, instead create a query for each filter configuration (see Queries button on main toolbar), then select the appropriate query from the "Subset" button in each view.
  • Kefsid June 9, 2011 4:26AM
    Hi Steve,

What i need is to show 2 bar views for different periods to make a comparison (ie. 1st quarter of 2010 and 1st q of 2011) using the same data. I need 2 seperately working filters, otherwise when i filter something, it will effect both of my bar views. But if i had 2 sidebars for each view, i d use one of the sidebar for 2010 and use for the other 2011..
  •     tjbate June 9, 2011 5:33AM
    Kefsid - Each Bar View should be set to the Subset defined by a Named Query that only contains one time slice, i.e. Year=2010 could be one Named Query, and the 2010 Bar View subset is set to that, and Year=2011 could be another Named Query and the 2011 Bar View subset is set to that. Any view can be directed at any subset, defined persistently throughout the file using Named Queries. You create Named Queries using Sidebar filters to define the subset, then, on the Queries drop down, select 'Create query from filters'. Be sure to do a global Reset before defining the next Query.
  • Kefsid June 9, 2011 5:39AM
    Thank you for your help, i have done it.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership